My Goodness the Used Harley's at This Dealership!

Clifton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took the 2014 GSA up to Tyrone PA to have the fork recall done and across the street was Unlimited Cycle Center, a large volume dealer specializing in new ATV and side-by-sides along with used Harley's. The BMW dealer said that dealership has been specializing in late model used Harley's for years so I wandered over. There must have been 200 used Harley's along with a few Indians! Hell I seldom see more than one or two Street 750 or 500's on the floor, this place had 10 low milage used ones! Probably 20 Sportsters the rest Big Twins mostly Tourers. After killing time there for a while I went back to the BMW dealer to get my GSA but actually ended up trading it on a 2016 R1200RS so left the bike there. Pick up the RS when the panniers come in probably next week.
Anyone ever thinking of touring the U.S. on a rented Harley (starting in the east) might consider looking into this place and just buying a used one. Here's a link to what they advertise on Cycle Trader. https://www.cycletrader.com/New-Or-...nia|PA&sort=featured:asc&layoutView=listView&

Here's a photo I took of the Street's for sale.

Clifton, congratulations on your new bike. Its a time proven fact we go in to buy a pint of oil and come out with a new bike.

Recently visited a garage to price up a 40’000 mile service, ended up with a new car!

Plurals do not have apostrophes. :rob

Thanks Rob of course they don't! :)

Clifton, congratulations on your new bike. Its a time proven fact we go in to buy a pint of oil and come out with a new bike.

Recently visited a garage to price up a 40’000 mile service, ended up with a new car!

Steve, I think you're right! LOL

What did you buy? Did you trade in the car in need of the 40K service?

Any particular reason for so many low-mileage Harley's in that dealership?

Seems like an odd combination but they've been doing it for years and they're well known for specializing in used Harleys and new ATVs. He picks up a lot of Harleys for a good price at wholesale auction. Bikes that may have been traded in to a car dealer or another brand motorcycle dealer that doesn't want to deal with trying to sell a Harley. BMW dealer said on a good day they may sell 30 units..

Clifton: can a non-resident buy, register and insure a motorcycle easily in the US?

(As someone whose son lives in Maryland, my interest has been sparked by your post!)

I've got an 1150 that I bought and registered in my name over there, just used a mates address. No problem with insurance either, worked out at $1 per day:D

Mazda MX5 ND or Miata as you call them. Outgoing car Diesel Mini, incoming ragtop, all change��

Steve, I think you're right! LOL

What did you buy? Did you trade in the car in need of the 40K service?[/QUOTE]

Clifton: can a non-resident buy, register and insure a motorcycle easily in the US?

(As someone whose son lives in Maryland, my interest has been sparked by your post!)

Honestly Simon I don't know exactly what's involved for someone from out of the country? I believe you just need to have some sort of address here, your son's should work. You would then title the bike in Maryland so regardless what state you bought it in you would pay only Maryland sales tax on the purchase. I would have your son confirm with Maryland that your UK or International drivers license is accepted, I have to think it will be.

Simon contact "Cortina" on here he has already done this with a couple of bikes I'm not sure if he sold his GoldWing that was over there yet

Looks like they’re all being sold before they hydraulically lock. 5-7k is the norm apparently

Do they hydraulically lock?

Took the 2014 GSA up to Tyrone PA to have the fork recall done.... ......but actually ended up trading it on a 2016 R1200RS so left the bike there. Pick up the RS when the panniers come in probably next week.....

Here's the new one.

Back
Top Bottom