Shed recommendations

L3nny

Reaction score
Not being blessed with a garage I'm looking for a way to store my new GSA and the wife's GSR.

Looking for something reasonably secure but, as with all things bike, when something goes from a shed to a motorcycle storage box the price seems to triple and/or are only designed for one bike.

Any recommendations to something secure but reasonable?

This is also relevant to my interests. Soon to be moving into a house without a garage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have a look at Asgard sheds, they do bike sheds in a couple of sizes for £12-1400, I have one of their cycle/garden sheds, good quality, easy to build and solid.

Al.

Find someone local to you who makes good quality heavy sheds ,a 10x8 should be fine with no windows speak to them about a reinforced double floor and a wider door with a reinforced heavier frame so you can add a couple of heavy duty hasps (using coach bolts) and padlocks .
Put it down on a decent base ...you get what you want at less than a 'designer' motorcycle storage shed

I have had one of these for over 18 years and it is still as good as new and very secure - I made a concrete base build the garage (did take two days as there were 1000s of nuts and bolts (I did say it is very secure)), also bought the wooden floor and made holes for the ground anchors - added and alarm and power - top job...

https://www.trimetals.co.uk/product/motorcycle-garage/

I'd be leaning more towards Neil W's strong shed idea than spending megabucks on a bunker - for the price of two of those you could get something like a garage built. A shed will keep out the weather, prying eyes and opportunists whilst not advertising that it holds something that a bike thief would target. You can alarm the shed and on the inside a decent chain and a ground anchor will provide the security.

Have a look at Tiger Sheds.

Find someone local to you who makes good quality heavy sheds ,a 10x8 should be fine with no windows speak to them about a reinforced double floor and a wider door with a reinforced heavier frame so you can add a couple of heavy duty hasps (using coach bolts) and padlocks .
Put it down on a decent base ...you get what you want at less than a 'designer' motorcycle storage shed

Tiger sheds are good, I bought one of their 12x6 window less sheds - put on a concrete base, painted it blue and it’s used for all of the family bicycles, solid and good price.

Skinners sheds are good too, I bought one of their garage cabins, which I was able to customise, without increasing the cost, quality is on a par with all the others I saw and better prices. Mine is going on a concrete base, and all bikes fixed to ground anchors.

Back
Top Bottom