New R1250RT ?

Looks good. They say a launch of around October 2019, so give it a year to iron the bugs out.... I am sure the VVT system is good but it ruined the Honda VFR800 but that was years ago and I am sure things have come on since then.

Wow, we're going to need space aged pipes and kevlar slippers!

Looks good. They say a launch of around October 2019, so give it a year to iron the bugs out.... I am sure the VVT system is good but it ruined the Honda VFR800 but that was years ago and I am sure things have come on since then.

The VFR system isn’t variable valve timing. It is purely a switch from 2 to 4 valves at a given engine rpm. As this is an immediate step Honda struggled to get the transition smooth. I had two of them, one a 2004 and the other a 2011 model, and as you say it wasn’t great - but boy did the engine sound great when all 4 valves kicked in! Economy went down to about 33mpg, which may explain why they felt the need to only run 2 valves at lower rpm!

Your right.. The leg position looks cramped
I wouldn't like to spend much time with my legs bent like that, that'd kill my already fooked knees

Me thinks I'll wait a couple of years before considering a VVT Boxer.I remember all the problems the LC had.My 2014 GS TE,had a very hard engine knock,coming from the right hand bank,BMW were never able to fix it and one dealer said,yes you guessed it "They all do that Sir". To date,I cant fault my 2018 RT,just love it.

Me thinks I'll wait a couple of years before considering a VVT Boxer.I remember all the problems the LC had.My 2014 GS TE,had a very hard engine knock,coming from the right hand bank,BMW were never able to fix it and one dealer said,yes you guessed it "They all do that Sir". To date,I cant fault my 2018 RT,just love it.

At least they will have the shock absorbers fixed?

:blast

It's not the power increase but the low rpm ride-ability. I expect what most people will like is the low end grunt.

The new engine is a beaut, and the active suspension is good. But I was hoping for full LED lights and TFT dash like the GS. But no.
So I won’t be trading in my RT Iconic after all.

The new engine is a beaut, and the active suspension is good. But I was hoping for full LED lights and TFT dash like the GS. But no.
So I won’t be trading in my RT Iconic after all.

Its the normal model evolution, facelift first, then new model to follow, maybe in 2020 model year

Really shocked that it doesn't have a TFT dash like on the GS !

Hmm ... my local dealer says available later this month ... they can't both be correct ??

Back
Top Bottom