Dent Rides 2018

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, with two months to go

Who wants to go for a rideout on the Sat (and possibly the Sunday:bounce1)

Do we have some Run Leaders who are prepared to take fellow GS'ers out to see the sights

I'll do a ride on the Sat for starters - different route this year

2GSes has possibly offered to lead a ride for the Sat

Speak up, don't be shy:thumby:

Ride.

I'm still trying to get the time off work,
But if I do, I will once again offer a ride for the Saturday.
If the weather is kind I will be heading to the Scottish Borders or Northumberland coast.
Both are long rides so would mean an early start.
Paul.

As JB says ... speak up don't be shy :D

C'mon c'mon ... we've about eighty people attending, we need some runs leaders ...

Road, easy going, scenic, stop to take photographs, afternoon cream teas ...

Road, brisk, enjoy the twisties and crack on a bit ...

Road, scenic, not too challenging, easy going like ...

Road but with some unsurfaced bye-ways, OK for pure road bikes ...

Off road ...

C'mon JB kick their asses :D

:beerjug:

Cheers Mick
You read my mind
C'mon - we need at least 4 rides for up to 10 riders = 40 peeps

I will lead one of the rides ~ so I need 3 more leaders PLEASE

The other 40 (of the 80) usually mooch around Dent etc

Rides

Hi Johnny,
I have managed to get the day off work so will once again offer a ride on the Saturday.
If the weather is up to it I will be heading to the Scottish Borders.
Upto the Buddhist monastry in Eskdalemuir.

If I can get my maps marked up - then I will lead a greenlanes route.

Red Eric or A.N.Other please reply if you can oblige with providing the above Dent area greenlanes information.

21 dales run Saturday

Put yourself down here if you fancy this run on the Saturday.

Being a Saturday in the Dales I'll try to make it a fairly steady run. It's a route of about 180mls with every thing from gnarly back roads to fast sweeping B roads and some stunning scenery. Everything is on tarmac and nothing difficult.

First fuel station is a fair few miles in, so you'll need to make sure your filled up.

We can either stop for lunch or stop for tea and cake. I'm more than happy to go with the majority.

If your coming on a BMW GS don't worry, I'm leaving the Explorer at home and coming on the Stelvio so you'll be able to keep up OK :D:D

Put yourself down here if you fancy this run on the Saturday.

Being a Saturday in the Dales I'll try to make it a fairly steady run. It's a route of about 180mls with every thing from gnarly back roads to fast sweeping B roads and some stunning scenery. Everything is on tarmac and nothing difficult.

First fuel station is a fair few miles in, so you'll need to make sure your filled up.

We can either stop for lunch or stop for tea and cake. I'm more than happy to go with the majority.

If your coming on a BMW GS don't worry, I'm leaving the Explorer at home and coming on the Stelvio so you'll be able to keep up OK :D:D

I'm not attending the event but your 21 Dales Run sounds interesting - care to share the route please?

Will let you know after checking the small print on my insurance.:)

Dirty ride out

. . . . . A.N.Other please reply if you can oblige with providing the above Dent area greenlanes information.
Geoff,

If A.N. Other is meself, then the only info I have is committed to paper and is for the lake district, which me and eldest did on the Friday last year.

I have most of the start points plotted on my sat-nav of the lanes Eric took us on, on the Saturday morning ride. I could post up the start point grid references if thats of any use?

I will bring the paper maps down with me - currently planning on riding down on Thursday :D

Hope to see you there.

SteveT

:cool:

hi all, any chance of a sticky with just a list of rides, distance, terrain, fuel requirements, start times and warp speed? It'll help a shed load with my routing options for one..?

hi all, any chance of a sticky with just a list of rides, distance, terrain, fuel requirements, start times and warp speed? It'll help a shed load with my routing options for one..?

Yep, I shall be detailing mine next week

If other Leaders could describe theirs too, that would be good

Ride.

My ride will be going where the best of the weather is.
I have two rides in mind, one to the Northumberland coast for fish and chips.
The other to the Scottish borders to St Mary's loch area (ish).
Both rides are a long day out and not a tea room bimble,so will be aiming to leave the campsite at 0900.(ish)
No off road this year, some small roads some big fast roads.
The pace will not be mega fast but I won't be hanging around either.
We will stop for a brew or two and a stop for lunch.

Is anyone doing any runs with a bit of green lane or light off road track type riding? Being from Scotland, we have a lack of 'legal' tracks where big bikes can go so it would be something I would like to try while down south. Im no off-roader but I can pick the pig up without fully sharting if required ;)

Yes Don, it would make it easier, far easier :thumb

1) Ride Leader
2) Start Time
3) Where starting from (outside the toilet block, far exit where the field narrows down/council car park etc. Would avoid the confusion of who's with who)
4) Mileage
5) Terrain/roads/pace etc.

Yes Don, it would make it easier, far easier :thumb

1) Ride Leader
2) Start Time
3) Where starting from (outside the toilet block, far exit where the field narrows down/council car park etc. Would avoid the confusion of who's with who)
4) Mileage
5) Terrain/roads/pace etc.

3 rides named and detailed

Any more Run Leaders willing to pitch in, to take a group out?

Back
Top Bottom