1200GS Rallye Megamoto

Another 60 miles racked up today!! (It was freezing). Surprised at how tall the hi seat position is and I am 6'3". Will put it in low. Bike handles really well. Looking forward to getting a decent run up the Antrim coast road on Easter Tuesday
4d584bf23b38af3f70d24469de12d6ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks great. You really should try the Rallye seat for those pillion free days. It changes the way the bike feels, as funny as that sounds.

Nutty. I have thought about losing the rack and getting the Rallye seat like you said. I’ll keep an eye out for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutty. I have thought about losing the rack and getting the Rallye seat like you said. I’ll keep an eye out for one.

You won’t regret it

Another 60 miles racked up today!! (It was freezing). Surprised at how tall the hi seat position is and I am 6'3". Will put it in low. Bike handles really well. Looking forward to getting a decent run up the Antrim coast road on Easter Tuesday
4d584bf23b38af3f70d24469de12d6ef.jpg

Reggie353 I am 6ft 2 and although I have a standard GS LC 2017 that is a few cms lower than the Rallye already, I put these footpegs on the bike if you put them on the bottom setting with your bike in the low seat position, it will keep your original high seat knee bend, if that makes sense, you can see the part numbers and some pictures in the thread below, and the rubber inserts will save your boots.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/bmw-adjustable-enduro-footpegs-for-2015-gsa-wc.1055347/

Reggie that is a very nice bike you have there...:thumb2
Does your Rally has the "sports-suspension" which is basically the 2 cm taller ADV shocks and shorter ADV TL-arm that gives 5mm less trail to make it quicker steering and gives a little bit more clearance before pegs touch.On spirited rides they do on my 2017 ADV even set on 2-up which would be set on max on yours.
The reason I ask is if it gets unstable at higher speeds with the smaller 17 inch front-wheel or if you run into ground clearance issues scraping pegs/centerstand or even valve covers loosing one inch on the front ?
I would love to see something like that right from the factories with all issues worked out...:thumby:
R1300XR...;)

I'll answer these questions if we get decent weather on Easter Tuesday. That is when I am planning my first decent run on the bike. I will report back.

Reggie that is a very nice bike you have there...:thumb2
Does your Rally has the "sports-suspension" which is basically the 2 cm taller ADV shocks and shorter ADV TL-arm that gives 5mm less trail to make it quicker steering and gives a little bit more clearance before pegs touch.On spirited rides they do on my 2017 ADV even set on 2-up which would be set on max on yours.
The reason I ask is if it gets unstable at higher speeds with the smaller 17 inch front-wheel or if you run into ground clearance issues scraping pegs/centerstand or even valve covers loosing one inch on the front ?
I would love to see something like that right from the factories with all issues worked out...:thumby:
R1300XR...;)

Boxerlust, If you are scraping pegs riding an ADV set on two up you have a suspension problem, If the bike is still in warranty get it to the dealer.

No suspension problem as the rear shock collar is fully preloaded and I'm not a heavy guy.Have changed my shocks to Ohlins TTX with a 170 instead of the 150 rear spring since then and pegs/right side of centerstand will scrape pretty early when riding hard...
Reggie look forward to get your feedback especially since the front is 1 inch lower going from a 19 to 17 inch wheel !
Does your Rally has the ADV "Sports" suspension option which is 2 cm/0.8 inch taller ?

Yes. I had the sports suspension.

976f7bf4bf4e1ddbeb54edaa50aa3b57.jpg

Changed the exhaust to Akrapovic. Just looks so right.

Think I will run it like this for a while.

I went for the same as the R1200RS wheel-180/55 17.

And 120/70 17 on the front.

Great run today on some nice back roads and I can safely say this handles really well. Did 90 miles and enjoyed every minute of it. Nothing touched down, wobbled or broke. Although my mudsling is rubbing slightly on the tire. Must go and modify it.
06045a35ffb784c9311ad9445c6cc12e.jpg

your mudsling is rubbing probably due to the aspect ratio of the rear tyre, or offset? ive got a 190/50/17 and its perfect regarding no offset, side stand angle and mudsling clearance, plus going slightly lower on the rear has calmed the twitchy front down at high speed due to the 17" front

Steve

Agreed. I have bent it away from the wheel slightly. Should stop the rubbing.

They really do turn well with the 17" front. I had fun today. The quick shifter is epic.

Back
Top Bottom