1200GS Rallye Megamoto

Advice if you can mate.

Hi Reggie,

Any idea what these wheels are of, both 17's,
IMG_5507.jpgIMG_5506.jpg

What spacers did you use for the front spindle,standard ?,

Also the 17in front rim shown has taken a standard set discs from a 2015 adventure so why the need for spacers under the calipers ?

Edit: google search shows the rear is a GS rim, still looking for info on the front and fitting it though.

Further edit:front looks like its a late f800r,

Hi Reggie,

Any idea what these wheels are of, both 17's,
View attachment 370496View attachment 370497

What spacers did you use for the front spindle,standard ?,

Also the 17in front rim shown has taken a standard set discs from a 2015 adventure so why the need for spacers under the calipers ?
Boxer cup wheels ???

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I agree with Snelly and some others possibly the nicest GS I've seen in a long time

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thank you. As said that means a lot to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggie run it hard and get rid of those chickenstrips and then tell us if you run into ground clearance problems from loosing on inch on the front !?
Otherwise I might do the same to my GS-ADV...:D
Looks like you lost one bolt on the top baffle of your Akra...Take them out,sounds better !

Reggie run it hard and get rid of those chickenstrips and then tell us if you run into ground clearance problems from loosing on inch on the front !?
Otherwise I might do the same to my GS-ADV...:D
Looks like you lost one bolt on the top baffle of your Akra...Take them out,sounds better !

If I have ground clearance problems I will let you know. Chicken strips will be off once the weather warms up a little.

The screw was missing from the baffle when I bought it. Must get them both out and get a listen at it.

Thanks.

No worries mate...;)
Let us know what you find out when the weather get's warmer and tires stickier !
I'm surprised you run those touring Michelins on a hot set-up like yours and don't take advantage of your tire size options to run some more fun to tire tires that still give reasonable mileage like Sportec M7TT or SportAttack3 which are probably currently the best sporty street tires you can currently buy...

No worries mate...;)
Let us know what you find out when the weather get's warmer and tires stickier !
I'm surprised you run those touring Michelins on a hot set-up like yours and don't take advantage of your tire size options to run some more fun to tire tires that still give reasonable mileage like Sportec M7TT or SportAttack3 which are probably currently the best sporty street tires you can currently buy...

I’m planning a trip round France in the summer so the tire man recommended those. Also good wet weather grip for sunny Ireland.

bc9520d100bcf41d66e308e7b15aaaa9.jpg

Still a bit muddy out today. Cool at 11 degrees. Loving this bike more with every run out.

Any chance you can post some close ups of the brake calipers, the spacers on them. the gs runs 305mm discs,whats the pad contact area like with the spacers ?

Im thinking the 320mm of the RT or XR would give a better contact area.

Also the spacers on the spindle? standard there is is one on the left, is there 2 in that kit ?

1149270240cf3300a056fb24feb7d0c0.jpg
25a1baf64749714f573ae3f3d1e796e4.jpg
b8671acda4af471f9956327fe4705e6f.jpg
4e96c0c7321d1cb46ac6dbf92e2c99a5.jpg

This is what I received from Rennkuh. And it all fitted together perfect.

Thanks Reggie

So to be clear the 2 big spacers are right and left for the wheel spindle and the others are to space the calipers of the the fork bottom to give clearance for the caliper from the centre of the wheel ?

my 17in front is from a f800r and with the one lefthand standard spacer it does sit slightly to the Right.

Any chance you can take some pics of the caliper through the brake pad slot showing how much the disc comes through Please ?.

Back
Top Bottom