One for RT1100 owners???

Geno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to put a RT centre stand on my 1100GS , is it a straight swap or does it need meddling with?? And if so is there any for sale at a decent price. I have a wanted add , also can I fit a lifting handle to a GS . Many Thanks for your time. Geno .

Looking to put a RT centre stand on my 1100GS , is it a straight swap or does it need meddling with?? And if so is there any for sale at a decent price. I have a wanted add , also can I fit a lifting handle to a GS . Many Thanks for your time. Geno .
I would think RT stand will be short for GS

2 bikes twice is happy

It's what I am looking for as I have RT alloys on my GS and finding it difficult to put on centre stand. So wanted to try a shorter stand .

Something to think about

I have a 1100RT exhaust fitted to my 1100GS (enables full size panniers on both sides). I seem to remember a bit of a faff with the oe 1100GS centre stand as the cross bracing piece on the stand didnt quite line up with the recess on the underside of the 1100RT exhaust.

I expect the converse would be true, the cross brace on the 1100RT centre stand may not line up well with the recess under the 1100GS exhaust

You may have issues with the stop bumper aligning with the frame / exhaust hardware

Back
Top Bottom