And now for my third MZ........

fatnfast

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just couldn't help it, another 150 but in ISDT trim :)

Some tinkering is required though not to much.

If you can find me an original MZ ISDT Replica I'd really appreciate it :thumb

:beerjug:

Attachments

• MZ~ISDT~Replica.jpg
    MZ~ISDT~Replica.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 678
If you can find me an original MZ ISDT Replica I'd really appreciate it :thumb

Rarer than hen's dentures. I had the chance of one, oh 20 years ago? A pal travelled in the trade and knew of one. As is ever the case, no cash, nowhere to store it, youngish family etc. Now that these impediments have gone ... Twas ever thus!

Thanks for the kind words, at least there is understanding for my MZ affliction on this site :thumb2

I would love the 250 ISDT, but sadly they are, as said, very rare and therefore expensive, so this little one will have to do.

It needs a little carb fettling and a tidy up, but is still rideable :thumb2

No more though, I'm having to get a larger shed to fit what I have in as it is :)

That belonged to a friend of mine. All of his other bikes you could probably eat your dinner off :D

That belonged to a friend of mine. All of his other bikes you could probably eat your dinner off :D

Yes, nice bloke, he sent me some pics of his other steeds. Really, really nice collection. I'm not sure where the little MZ fitted in? lucky guy :thumb2

Mmmmmmm looks original. Leather tool holder on the tank, 'curtain' back of the engine covering the carb etc. single seat.

Bet that'll fetch a bonnie penny :eek:

Agreed, that does look original. Very nice indeed, but proberbly way out of my price range. Then again, if I sold the Ducati.....:)

No more though, I'm having to get a larger shed to fit what I have in as it is :)[/QUOTE]

You just need to get one twice the size you think you need, and then you're future proof (at least for a while).
:thumb

Well, the little MZ Enduro needed a fair bit of attention to get her running well.
The Kickstart spring needed to be tensioned correctly, which allowed me to also cure a leak from the clutch case. Turns out no gasket was fitted.
The PO had difficulty starting her with the fitted mikuni carb. The float was leaking, Jets gummed up and so on. 20 mins in the ultrasonic cleaner and a new float had her starting first kick.
Although she started and ticked over well, the fuelling wasn't great. I tuned most of this out with jet changes, but it had a very narrow power (if you can call it that on a 150cc MZ) band. In the end I fitted an expansion chamber and she now runs very well indeed.
Final change was fitting a better seat than the home made church pew red one. It even has a touratech underseat bag fitted (from a GS LC).
There are a few cosmetic mods such as handlebars and grips, but other than that shes done :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom