Sena 20S Dual

I have really shit hearing (I wear hearing aids but not when I’m on the bike). I have a Schuberth C3PRO with the SRC system and have covered thousands of miles from Denmark to Italy using it. I wear the squishy ear plugs but can easily hear my sat nav and music through the helmet speakers. Even at silly speeds on the autobahn. In fact I feel that sound is better when wearing ear plugs (I have often wondered if they are set up for exactly this purpose) as without ear plugs the sound is a bit tinny but with ear plugs the sound is just right. I did have to play with the positioning of the speakers a bit at first. I used the Velcro spacers provided to get them closer to my ears but once in the right place they are brilliant. Don’t just stick them in the recess of your helmet and expect them to work best straight away. Our ears are all in slightly different places (but generally on the side of our head) so experiment until you get the best result .

Just my opinion......

Exactly my experience with the Sena 10U, much better sound quality with speakers and earplugs than my past experience of using the Ultimate Ears, and ample volume.

I also have the S20 units , not quite as good as the 10's in my opinion.
You can however plug a proper set of earbuds straight into the unit and use them , whether they be moulded or anything else.
Ive used Shure SE earbuds for years , they genuinely sound superb , even at speed

Final update: eventually managed to go for a two-up ride. Everything works just as it should - paired to the bike (for FM radio, sat nav and music from MP3 player plugged into USB socket in the compartment), to my iphone (though I doubt I'll ever use the phone) and to the pillion unit for chatting. Very pleased with it all, mainly that it all pairs up automatically once you've done the initial set up, and deals with the multiple sources far better than our old units. I like the fact that you can adjust the volume for the different sources to which you're connected. Only other function we may use is the group chat function when riding with friends.

It is still a bit too loud with in-ear monitors. Ultimate Ear said I could return them for adjustment- to fit resistors for £50 - but a cheaper solution from ebay was an in-line jack-to-jack extension with simple volume control built in. £3.50.

I've removed the helmet speakers from the helmet because I can't think I'll ever use the Sena without earphones plugged in, and the speakers are slightly uncomfortable. I may revisit this decision...

Also had a first ride with a new Airhawk seat pad (the old one has a puncture and didn't fit the K1600 seat very well). That seems good too.

So overall, I'm a happy rider today! Next long-ish trip for proper test is to Le Mans in May.

Back
Top Bottom