Seat latch woes

gebrauchtwagen83

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sounds like a bloody silly question but I got a wunderlich seat today and just can’t get the rear of the seat to lock down. Thinking it must be the seat I tried to put the old one back on and although that did eventually lock down, it was having dramas as well.
Is there anything I need to bend or move , I’ve tried bending bits about but isn’t really helped and the catches seem to be in the perfect position.

Attachments

• 9482DB15-60C0-4656-B181-52068FB63D77.jpg
    9482DB15-60C0-4656-B181-52068FB63D77.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 2E2573CF-9B11-42FA-868D-14D59B448D66.jpg
    2E2573CF-9B11-42FA-868D-14D59B448D66.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 275
I would spray the bejaysus out of every moving part of the mechanism with GT85 or the like (not into the barrel itself)

Sent from a U11

Picture 2 - the vertical metal moving ‘latch’ is probably bent towards the centre 2 or 3mm. Pull it out towards the side a little and it’ll be fine

Even the original seat is a pain to make it click sometimes, I have lubricated everything and try to apply the same technique all the time but I think it's just temperamental, so I started to talk to it in a soft and gentle voice before I start and that seems to work best :p

Probably something to do with all that outdoor gear you keep wedging under the seat:D

Update on this hugely complicated mechanic issue. I’ve bent the latches a bit, moved the seat height adjusters from the lowest setting to the second lowest setting and it seems to be ok. It’s locking in and out. So I’m thinking that on the lowest setting the seat wasn’t able to sit flush and the latches weren’t hooking. Touch wood it’s sorted.
Thanks for the advice. I’m sure bmw will completely redesign the next bike as a result of this groundbreaking work

Picture 2 - the vertical metal moving ‘latch’ is probably bent towards the centre 2 or 3mm. Pull it out towards the side a little and it’ll be fine

Spot on,

I have the same with my 06, they clash with the plastic moulding on the mini seat bars (Low seat) as you say, just tweak them out slightly

And make sure the cable from the diagnostic plug isnt wrapped round the metal hook either

Back
Top Bottom