SCALA FREECOM 1. HAS ANYONE USED ONE

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://intstore.cardosystems.com/scala-rider-freecom-1

Hi, I'm looking at the Scala Freecom 1 but have no knowledge of communication systems but need solo and well priced.
Has anyone used one of these please or other recommendations welcome.
My buddy has bought the Interphone Urban but not sure if this is as hands free on phone calls?
Thanks for any help.
G

I bought a Freecom 4 last year and it has been great. I use it only paired to my phone which I use for music and satnav. The app is really good for setting up the FM radio stations amongst other things. It is quite small and the battery seems to last for ages. I would buy another.

Thanks ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought one from here thanks.
https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/

You didn't hang about! Fwiw, I have had the the Freecom 2 almost a year now and I've been pretty happy with it. The only thing I don't like is that my Nav V instructions mute the intercom with the pillion. This would be solved if the passenger could also hear it or if it just didn't do it for too long at a time. That shouldn't affect you with a Freecom 1, so enjoy!

Cheers sea dog. I came up on this deal and with the £5 news letter sign up brought the lot to only £78 posted so didn't hang about.
I tend to fly solo or with the lads and only really need phone and music for the long jaunts. I also noticed the mute thing with SatNav which I also think might be irritating if listening to a podcast or audio book but I can always turn the nav audio to mute on the long straight bits of the journey.
Thanks anyway.

Cheers sea dog. I came up on this deal and with the £5 news letter sign up brought the lot to only £78 posted so didn't hang about.
I tend to fly solo or with the lads and only really need phone and music for the long jaunts. I also noticed the mute thing with SatNav which I also think might be irritating if listening to a podcast or audio book but I can always turn the nav audio to mute on the long straight bits of the journey.
Thanks anyway.

The phone clarity is excellent - everyone I've talked to can't tell I'm on a bike, which makes it a surprising equal to my previous wired Autocom system. It also seems genuinely watertight, unlike some of its competitors. What really bothered me was the speed camera alert "bongs" in my local area which I've had to disable - the damned thing was continually muting the intercom and bonging which, to be fair, wasn't a fault. Good buy at 78 quid.

Back
Top Bottom