Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 399
Well spotted that man :clap Sent him an email for the actual length.:thumb2

In the meantime ( not many get to do this with a new Tunner paintjob :D )....out with the old...fitted with the new :bounce1

Hope its what you need :thumb2:thumb2
Love the paint job,its crying out for a small bikini fairing though.
That tank would make a great piece of wall art.
Had a GPZ750 R1 new in 1982,it was a toss up between that and the eary unitrack 550 which handled better,great bikes.

Ta :) Last week had to have the carbs cleaned out and the tank flushed out/new fuel filter etc etc after an embarrassing breakdown. I think debris from when tank was prepped - looked like cement dust !! :-(
Anyways. All sorted now :)
Anyone know who could supply an adapter which screws into engine where oil pressure sender currently is ( and an oil pressure guage ) that would fit an 1981 Gpz550D1 ? A kit would be nice.

Ta :) Last week had to have the carbs cleaned out and the tank flushed out/new fuel filter etc etc after an embarrassing breakdown. I think debris from when tank was prepped - looked like cement dust !! :-(
Anyways. All sorted now :)
Anyone know who could supply an adapter which screws into engine where oil pressure sender currently is ( and an oil pressure guage ) that would fit an 1981 Gpz550D1 ? A kit would be nice.
Must have missed these updates,
You could use one of the threaded oil gallery plugs (think there is one either side)
The one under the ign cover would prob suit best,14mm hex,.
If your good lady won’t let you put the tank on the wall I have a space on my workshop wall for it:thumb
I’ll cut it in 1/2 you have one and I’ll have one:D
If that fella is selling that fairing and it’s a genuine one which it certainly looks like it is,you need to seriously consider having it,they are like rocking horse shit.
The correct fairing was only fitted to a D1 and H1 model,
And most got crashed cos we were hooligans :bounce1
Edit,,,,though that fairing is prob off a 400 grey import

That fella is not selling the genuine Kawasaki GPZ550 fairing...but he would be happy to donate it free to a suitable project bike.

It comes with the original top mounts but unfortunately I just cannot find the rest of the original mounts,its not perfect as i bought it in 1984 from the guy who bought the Motorcycle Mechanics 'Escape from the crusher' GPZ550 project bike,it was featured on the front cover placed in a skip as a write off,so it has a couple of small cracks and a bit of fibreglass strenghtening on the inside edge.

I had it fitted to a Harris Magnum for many years but replaced it with a half fairing a while back.

Back
Top Bottom