Is Touratech UK still operational?

However things might start picking up soon, lets hope so, hate losing places to at least have a choice.

Touratech AG - The journey continues with Happich 16.01.2018

Following the takeover of Touratech AG by Happich GmbH on January 1, 2018, the newly founded Touratech GmbH commenced operations at the Niedereschach location. Almost all employees could be taken over on 1.1.2018 and both production, sales and administration as well as logistics at the location in the Black Forest will be continued.

The management team around the CEO of Hr. Alberto Reinhart and the new owner Hr. Marc Pelzer, will be working over the next few weeks and months to ensure that the corporate structures are adapted to the strategic direction of the company and that the products are available in time for the motorcycle season. "The Touratech GmbH will continue to be the leader in motorcycle equipment for adventure and travel," promises Alberto Reinhart, CEO, "and we will continue to provide Touratech products in the premium segment for the motorcycle manufacturers and world travelers with an optimized product portfolio in the future to offer known top quality."

After a period of intensive restructuring, the state-of-the-art production facility and the new logistics center ensure even better product quality and faster and more efficient delivery processes. Service-oriented branches throughout Germany and an efficient network of distributors around the globe guarantee customer-oriented advice, competent service and reliable availability of the products.

As part of the Pelzer Swiss Holding AG, Touratech is now well positioned to continue shaping the motorcycle and travel scene as innovative trendsetter.
Must have been going for a bullshit bingo record.

Reply back today. I smell bullshit. Feel like saying I'll pay for the postage from Germany.
28c51be19afe1ffd07fdf6fcf584128b.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep - I ordered something that was coming from Germany for 14 weeks. By the time they rang me I’d sold the bike. The fact that TT UK is separate is irrelevant - where do they get their stock from?

I ordered some hand guard extenders from TT UK. Personally, on this occasion, I though the service was good, I had them within the week.

Bob

why is it a secret?

no secret - just not posting on a public forum in case there are region restrictions imposed by Touratech and the company I have used gets bollocked.

when I saved quite a lot on a set of suspension units it is well worth the caution.

Ordered a small part at their shop in August whilst at ORS, finally cancelled the order in February.

I know the staff in the UK are not to blame, but they don't help themselves by telling me at the time "it is in stock in Germany and would be 5-10 days for delivery", and then tell me the same thing each time I call to chase it up. If they had no idea when they could get one, I'd rather they just told me that.

Message yesterday to say material had been despatched. Roll on Wednesday to see if it is delivered to my work address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered a part from TTUK which was advertised on their website as being in stock and would be delivered within 7-10 days.

Got an email advising not in stock but was an order from Germany and would be 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Finally arrived about 3 months later.

What disappointed me the most was the fact that it was originally advertised as in stock when it clearly wasn’t. (They we’re still showing as in stock even after advising me they had none in stock). There was also a lack of communication. I had to chase them for updates. Very poor customer service in my view.

However, credit were due, I contacted them the other day regarding the sizes of some screws that I had lost from my sat nav mount, and they were very swift in their response and have offered to send replacement ones free of charge. (I know that the screws only cost about 10 pence to them, but to me that’s the sort of thing that makes a difference to customer service).

Touratech have gone down in my expectations big time. It has been said above their customer service is crap, I'm sure they tell you lies just to get you off the phone.
I have heard of people waiting 6 months for kit. I myself have been told on many occasions that they don't know when touratech Germany will be producing certain items that they have advertised for current model year bikes (2017-2018) and this is stuff that's made by other companies like kahedo.
I think it goes far deeper than we are led to believe. It may well be the case that accounts may need to be settled first, it just strange that items are not being produced, they must be loosing thousands of pounds in this transition period. Or it could be that they are holding back orders until they reach a number to start producing / supplied by third parties.

2-3 week delivery quoted upon check out, still ordered, received in 2 weeks.

I will never ever use them after the 2 failed attempts at buying items from them in the past - and being made to feel it was my somehow my fault that they showed items in stock but then had to order them from Germany. Rudest most arrogant service I have ever received in all my years from Mr Plumb. How DARE I chase the order 6 weeks after placing it with no contact whatsoever from them.....

In retrospect I am really glad they didn't eventually get my coin as (all IMHO of course) their stuff is the most over branded, over hyped and over priced s**t available.

In a nutshell - if its in the Touratech catalogue you absolutely do not need it.

in this day and age, who has a physical paper catalogue anymore..?

isn't this exactly what the internet is for..?

1 catalogue, that's the same worldwide...? Or is this utter madness..? and a sort of evolutionary dead end..?

f0a0f12f62e1ebeb31bc6207faf4ce7b.jpg

After 8 weeks my bracket has finally arrived. Quality piece of kit, but why so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touratech was bought out of Administration by Happich GmbH and it apparently had no impact on the agents in any country, other than delayed orders It's founder, Herbert Schwarz, is no longer involved but his team are still there in Germany. I dropped into the shop in January while travelling in south west Germany and the shelves were poorly stocked.

Back
Top Bottom