Running temperature

Is that the 250ml figure is a spec from some official date sheet? It doesn’t seem very much when one considers that the bike has two,albeit small radiators and the pump and associated pipe work. It’s less than half a pint - there’s more than that, surely?
Alan R

I think it's from the Haynes manual. Not at home at the moment to confirm but it stuck in my mind because it got me wondering how much BMW would charge to change the fluid, as and when the accountants dictate it needs doing.

The header tank must be about that capacity. I must resist the temptation to drain my bike to find out!
Alan R

My previous lc bikes 2013 2015 temperature range stayed more constant than my current euro 4 16 , I questioned this at my local dealer and they looked into it agreed that it was up and down like a whores draws , but after comparing with other bikes at the dealership concluded that all was normal and don't worry ...so I don't now but at the time I did .

Water / air cooled, less water in the system as heads main water cooled components - leads to fluctuating temperature, perfectly normal on these bikes

But strangely, there are no coolant galleries in the heads...

P90104994-X3.jpg

You're right, when I zoom in, I can see galleries in the head around the exhaust valves. But the main gallery is around the top of the bore. I could swear I had read there were no galleries in the head. Prolly too much beer. ��

Back
Top Bottom