can you fit a backrest behind drivers seat . Ride solo .

Geno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
An you fit a back rest to a 1100Gs, for rider ,, middle of back is hurting , lumbar support. :rob

Probably do yourself more injury trying to get on the bike, have you tried wearing a wide kidney belt for support?

Some of the Corbin rider seats have provision for a back rest.

As Tim says, Corbin have the facility to put backrest(s) in:

corbin_R1100-1150_heated_m.jpg

I knew I'd seen some others - here's what Google turned up - Bob's BMW

8cc301ed416c914.jpg

BacupUSA

K1200LT_Passenger_LG.jpg

Major Gadget had a backrest on his old 1150, along with every other piece of tat available, hence his user name.

Had a Corbin on my 1100GS . One back rest and rider & pillin seat each had a slot for it with a flap to cover up the hole when you weren't using it. Really wide comfy seat . Loved it.

I like that idea, now where do i find so a article? Many thanks for help .

Just think how your back will react with having to lift your leg high enough to clear a drivers seat rest; you may need to carry a set of library ladders with you, or a mounting stool.

wouldn't i be better to address the problem rather than a band aid?

Back exercises
Streatches
Posture

I can't see how a backrest could be any use unless you are riding a bike with a 'cruiser' riding position. You'd have to be sitting in a mighty odd way on a GS to even have it make contact with your back. My bet would be that building up strength in your lower back would be more help, or perhaps fiddling with the bar position so that your weight is spread more evenly between your wrists, arse and feet. And maybe a body belt?

^^That^^

Having ridden a bike for a while with a rider backrest (not a GS admittedly) and having lower back problems myself, I can advise you that it is the most useless pointless ugly pain in the ass encumbrance to your ride. No useful purpose whatsoever.

I honestly couldn't wait to give the bike back to the rental company, actually trimmed my trip because of it.

Geno - I have a backrest I had made for my 1150GS - used it on long journeys (1000 mile days) and was a major advantage in reducing back pain which I used to get after breaking my femur. Did have to develop a technique for getting on and off with to fitted and not sure of can fit with a pillion seat, I always had a second fuel tank behind me. My days of long distance riding on the GS are over so if you are still looking for one (and assuming will also fit an 1100?), PM your email address and will send you some photos :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom