Ullapool end of season do.

Clinging to their tents/bikes/boots/drink in Broomfield Holiday Park....look for the oldest campervan in Scotland....:D

Yay ... I've got precious cargo from Peter for the troops :beerjug:

And a spaniel called Millie! Say hello to owner/ companion Micky and take.it from there! :beerjug:

See above :thumby:

:beerjug:

Where are you all?
Me and the one other camping at broomfields currantly drinking in the ferry boat inn

Where are you all?
Me and the one other camping at broomfields currantly drinking in the ferry boat inn

Good effort :thumb2 I can't speak for the others but I'm currently drinking at home ( approx. 98 miles away ) and intend to be there tomorrow by late afternoon..have a great evening :D

I was due to leave Wednesday. 1 night at the top of Glencoe,1 night on Skye, then on to Ullapool. Sadly weather warnings for the border area Wednesday afternoon where a bit grim to say the least. I believe 90 mph winds where recorded on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday was absolutely lashing it down. At that point I decided to call it a day. As a slight consolation I'm off to Dent Monday and Tuesday night. Have a great time , all those that make it.

I was going to attend but the midges put me off.

May go to Dent next week.:beer:

I was due to leave Wednesday. 1 night at the top of Glencoe,1 night on Skye, then on to Ullapool. Sadly weather warnings for the border area Wednesday afternoon where a bit grim to say the least. I believe 90 mph winds where recorded on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday was absolutely lashing it down. At that point I decided to call it a day. As a slight consolation I'm off to Dent Monday and Tuesday night. Have a great time , all those that make it.

Poof.

Tonight i am in the ferry boat inn easy to spot, tall short hair mustache if any of you lightwieghts are in ullapool you can buy me a beer.

Well it was a good turn out for the hardy six :D

Tufty breaks open the very fine bottle of Glenlivet supplied by Peter (Scotboxer)

i-WQFchvm-L.jpg

... and promptly demolishes half of it :D

i-p4Lr92H-L.jpg

GS John's setup ...

i-37BT3qZ-L.jpg

i-Ts3NPT8-L.jpg

Hope you got home OK Mike ... the bike sounded rough :eek:

Those in cosy B&B call at Base Camp for a coffee ... Mikeyboy and good lady

i-SBDjPhD-L.jpg

Tufty ...

i-FsgQczm-L.jpg

i-j4vx8hp-L.jpg

Look what you missed folks .... early morning Ullapool :thumby:

i-q6ZhXJ2-L.jpg

No one called for aperitifs or nightcap other than Tufty ... so the remains of Peter's donation to the weekend went to a good cause :D

i-KM3QT94-L.jpg

I'm up at Roybridge now (or is that down at Roybridge)

Steve (Wrinkleyowl) Probably see you at Dent Tuesday :thumby:

So six attended ?

.... and a dog :D

See how the camp site is bereft of campers :eek:

See the sea squall coming in ... they hit every thirty minutes or so, rocking the vans, blowing the tents away :eek:

i-gb2zNVk-L.jpg

I didn't get back to the Camper quick enough and got bloody soaked :blast

Great to meet everyone (who turned up)

Travelled from South Notts to Bellingham then on to Ullapool via Edinburgh and Glasgow (had to buy a new jacket as my 20 year old HG had failed too many times).

A day out with Mikeyboy and Mrs Mikeyboy on Saturday then home on Sunday in 11 hours, hotel to home. Would have been quicker except the M6 stopped for half an hour.

Thanks for the Scotch Peter, one of my favourites. Can't believe those that lived nearer didn't brave it.

Until next time!

Good job Micky. Glad the happy few enjoyed themselves and sorry I couldn't be there. Some compensation is the view over here in Canuckland (not NZ, contrary to appearances!) :beerjug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 313

Thanks for the Scotch Peter, one of my favourites. Can't believe those that lived nearer didn't brave it.

Until next time!

Good to see you Tufty, glad you got home OK.

Yes, thank you for the Glenlivet Peter :thumb

I shan't be at next years 'do' ... got the wedding of the year to attend :D

Good pal and adopted son Decky from Cork (Dec on here) gets married to the lovely Theresa in Spain in September 2019 and so a few biker chums are riding down for it :D

Very disappointed not to be able to make it, but the forecast for last Wednesday (the day I would set out) and Thursday was really bad. It turned out my fears were correct, as 95 mph winds recorded in Glencoe on the Wednesday, with very strong winds right from North Yorkshire.

Anyhow, just going to take the dog out then I'm going to console myself with a couple of nights in Dent and a ride round a new route I've planned. Hopefully see you there Micky.

Hi Micky, the bike was fine and I had a nice dry run home via Lairg for breakfast..the noise culprit being the main beam lamp rattling loose inside the unit making it sound like imminent engine failure..it is a KTM after all :D
Fitted a manual camchain tensioner today so it doesn't sound like a diesel when hot now..

Your lights were out when I got back from the Seaforth and I'd probably had enough whisky at that stage anyway !

Travelled from South Notts to Bellingham then on to Ullapool via Edinburgh and Glasgow (had to buy a new jacket as my 20 year old HG had failed too many times).

A day out with Mikeyboy and Mrs Mikeyboy on Saturday then home on Sunday in 11 hours, hotel to home. Would have been quicker except the M6 stopped for half an hour.

Until next time!

Yes, great to meet you. You obviously got home ok, how's the injury (rib) ?

Also agree that it's a shame that more local ( Scotland even.. ) riders didn't make it.

Tonight i am in the ferry boat inn easy to spot, tall short hair mustache if any of you lightwieghts are in ullapool you can buy me a beer.

Nice to meet you and share a few drams John :beerjug:
I did hear you leaving in the morning but I also heard the rain rattling down and I was pretty warm and comfy in the tent at that point.

Back
Top Bottom