Just bought one of these

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
....From Millets.

Not the lightest, but doable on a motorcycle. Have a Slumit Cub II and love it, but no porch/vestibule is a pain for me....we'll see how this little fella goes...not the end of the world if I don't like it.

71--me-NMML._SL1500_.jpg

....From Millets.

Not the lightest, but doable on a motorcycle. Have a Slumit Cub II and love it, but no porch/vestibule is a pain for me....we'll see how this little fella goes...not the end of the world if I don't like it.

71--me-NMML._SL1500_.jpg
Looks good

Similar in style to my Mototent and the Redverse Atacama but, at 1.4m lower but still useable to stand in. At £90 it looks a good buy.

....From Millets.

71--me-NMML._SL1500_.jpg

I've bought the slumit cub 2 but not used it yet, obviously very quick to erect but hoping my head and feet don't get wet due to touching the inner tent, as its not the longest sleeping room..

I have been using an Ark 200 (standard) for the past four years. Really good and easy to erect. At 5’10”, no issue with length. Thinking of replacing it with something a bit smaller for this years trip to Germany. Would like one that will fit in a Vario pannier or top box.

I've bought the slumit cub 2 but not used it yet, obviously very quick to erect but hoping my head and feet don't get wet due to touching the inner tent, as its not the longest sleeping room..

You won't get wet - there's an outer waterproof layer, ie the tent.

I spent a week in Belgium last year and it was mostly wet, and the Slumit was great. Don't worry about it..

D.

You won't get wet - there's an outer waterproof layer, ie the tent.

I spent a week in Belgium last year and it was mostly wet, and the Slumit was great. Don't worry about it..

D.

I'm sure it's waterproof in isolation, I was more thinking about either rain or more likely condensation, plus me being over 6ft pushing the inner and outer.

Over 6ft - I'd try a bit of diagonal sleeping, to see if that gives you more leg room.

D.

Over 6ft - I'd try a bit of diagonal sleeping, to see if that gives you more leg room.

D.

My sleeping pad at 197cm only just fits in length ways so won't go on an angle.. I'll have to do a trial run before I go on the trip.

The two inner and outer touching is always my problem with compact tents. Manufacturer state for example, 210cm sleeping length. I'm 183cm so it should be an easy fit. But factor in 10cm height for the camping mat and the slope of the tent inner and I seem to brush the inner wall regularly....often waking with a damp lower part of my sleeping bag.

The two inner and outer touching is always my problem with compact tents. Manufacturer state for example, 210cm sleeping length. I'm 183cm so it should be an easy fit. But factor in 10cm height for the camping mat and the slope of the tent inner and I seem to brush the inner wall regularly....often waking with a damp lower part of my sleeping bag.

Ah, that's exactly my Concern.. Hmm, do I buy a longer tent!.. 😫

PS - gonna make a DIY footprint for this from a slightly oversized tarp - hope my math skills don't let me down.

D.

Ah, that's exactly my Concern.. Hmm, do I buy a longer tent!.. ��

225cm minimum for me, simply because I don't want the hassle of a wet sleeping bag....especially if camping for several nights on the trot

Marmot Limelite 3. Quite happy with it but as I get older, I want headroom too. :rob

I use a wild country Zyphos 3; because you sleep north to south , so to speak, there's no problem with inner and outer touching. It takes 2 with ease; and is massive for just me. The shape is a bit fussy; but you can stand in it; sit in it; and cook in it if need be. Check it out on youtube; it's also quite light; and packs down fairly small.:beerjug:

Vaude Terraquatro 3P for me. Large enough to be really roomy, small and light enough to carry on the bike. I don't worry about the tent being out in the open on the bike. It will be more out in the open when it is put up on the pitch. Besides, a thick poly bag or cheap drybag keeps the road dirt out.

Like the Zephyros. :beerjug:
Looks like the Terraquatro has now been superseded? Can't find it on their website.

If I have a small, fussy tent, I will not use it much so even if it is cheap..it is a waste of money. You certainly get what you pay for with camping kit and something like the Zephyros would see me camping way more.

Back
Top Bottom