Full pannier wrap or Humvee panels?

i have rapped a few sets off bmw panniers with humvee graphics, as mentioned in previous post plenty soap water on panniers and the rapping you cant go wrong then just take your time squeezing the water any air bubbles can be taken out with a pin

Feeling the love here.......thanks to all who have commented on their experiences fitting the wrap kits, it really is easier to apply than I would have believed, the you tube video from a customer of ours is a very useful tutorial for those who doubt their ability to fit these wrap kits, some useful tips already mentioned in this thread include the use of soapy water in a spray bottle (although water and a small amount of Johnson’s baby shampoo is even better) keeping your finger tips wet when handling the adhesive side of the pieces and obviously the use of a squeegee to expel the liquid and any air bubbles, I use a felt edged vinyl applicator tool for this which you can pick up from a sign shop or online such as e-bay, I toyed with the idea of supplying these with each kit sold but they won’t fit inside the poster tubes we use for shipping the wrap kits.

Yep, as others have said, I used Johnson’s baby shampoo mixed in a water sprayer, a small rubber squeegee thing which I used like I was wallpapering to get the air bubbles out, and fingers. I found the wrap going over the embossed logos much easier / better when just using wet fingers. As everyone said, keep it well lubricated and work the air bubbles out when correctly positioned. I then used a microfibre cloth to gently dry, before finishing off with a hairdryer. Jobs a goodun.... sure you’ll be fine. Just take yr time.

+1 for the Humvee panel wraps. Never done it before, but took my time and happy with the result. I too like the Ali edging.

Nice job! I’m favouring the Humvees more and more. I like the black ‘made’ panniers but it means I’d have to sell mine and then re-invest, coding etc, can’t be faffed.

I’m also liking black (reflective) stickers over the black vinyl - discrete but will stand out during darkness.

Ash, if the all black OEM panniers were about late last year when I bought mine brand new, I would have gone for them, so you can see my preference.

However, they weren’t and I didn’t, but still wanted the look and did exactly what you are doing.

The best result for me is the HumVee and that is not a cost choice and also now includes the option of OEM black - I would still choose HumVee.

They do the job well, are DIY friendly, can be replaced cost effectively if damaged and can be removed altogether for a different look. All in all, a great solution in my opinion.

And all that said, if you hate them, it’s only cost you sixty quid!

Agreed !!

I too put the ‘black’ reflective edge strips on the box edges as well (over the top of the black panel edges) - they both add to the look, and provide an additional safety element.

Humvee panels now ordered... and black reflective sections. Best clean up the panniers and box ready for the big stick-up!

Two 6’s - the other fella was more of a devil than me - just :D

I also considered both, in fact three options, as I was aware you can now purchase black OEM panniers...

Decided I liked the idea of two ‘looks’, so went for HumVee.

Mark/rip a wrapped pannier and you re-wrap it and as has been said, around £200 is the norm, £250 inc a top box, for a professional firm to do it.

Humvee is dead easy and a lot cheaper to rip off and go back to ali, or replace if damaged.

I still think a wrapped pannier looks like a wrapped pannier, so the HumVee is cooler for me.

I must say though, if you go for the wrap, don’t go matt, as you see EVERY mark.

:hijacked

Hope you don't mind me asking, what brackets do you have for the panniers? Very neat set up there:bow

Cheers, I will look them up today..... :D

I was that excited I even posted about them here :D

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/475504-Ali-Pannier-Wall-Brackets-Now-Available

BUT, there are folk on here, who think shelves are better, so instead of buying a purpose made product, on the internet, delivered to your door, you may want to go to your local forest on your bike in the snow, chop down a tree and whittle it into something really good and you can tell your grandkids how handy you are.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/475504-Ali-Pannier-Wall-Brackets-Now-Available

BUT, there are folk on here, who think shelves are better, so instead of buying a purpose made product, on the internet, delivered to your door, you may want to go to your local forest on your bike in the snow, chop down a tree and whittle it into something really good and you can tell your grandkids how handy you are.

:beerjug: I get that... I just like the neatness of it and will happen to work for my space... so cheers for the tip....

Can't make it into the woods today, got some rugby to watc, and coffee to drink! No grandkids yet, so,guess I will just take the easy - read expensive - route, coz I can��

Lovely - but I went down the bracket/shelf route - £20 all in, including the 80/20 carpet :D

However, based upon your pics I've ordered the Humvee pack :thumb2.

Attachments

• 20180317_175105.jpg
    20180317_175105.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 237
Lovely - but I went down the bracket/shelf route - £20 all in, including the 80/20 carpet :D

However, based upon your pics I've ordered the Humvee pack :thumb2.

That's very neat too... now I am going to have to paint my garage walls too.... I need to stop looking on here :blast:D

Ordered my wrap kit today, watching the video. Which made it look easy .......famous last words!!!!!!
Hopefully make a decent job of them.:confused::confused:

The brackets from NN do enable you to lock the panniers to the wall. A bonus in my book. At least it does for the Vario panniers. Hex head pannier brackets were half price, the LC one's full price. However the pictures for both seem the same on NN site!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom