SatNav App for Android

essjay

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on SatNav apps for Android. I have a few downloaded like Maps.me, OSMAND, Google, Galileo.

I'm looking to build routes either online and download to the phone or add POI's to the phone and build a route from there. Maps.me looked good but seems I can only use 3 POI's/waypoints. Google My Maps seems to be limited to 10 waypoints per route.

It's 100% road I want to create routes for, not off-road/trails.

Any suggestions?

Have you checked out copilot. I've not started using it yet but I think it has waypoints.

How dol you import waypoints to copilot from GPX or KML?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

£15/yr gets you the TomTom app and it works very well - just the same as my TomTom Rider 400, I barely use the Rider any more.
I'm not sure about plotting routes from the computer, I would imaging it should work the same with tyre etc but it's not something I've ever bothered with.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Interesting feedback - I am planning to try Co-pilot for use as a sat nav for a motorhome, good to hear some positive feedback for the normal version of it. Anyone tried the caravan/motorhome or truck version?

Interesting feedback - I am planning to try Co-pilot for use as a sat nav for a motorhome, good to hear some positive feedback for the normal version of it. Anyone tried the caravan/motorhome or truck version?

Yeah my parents use it for the caravan, was about 50 quid, better than chinese truck GPSs

I tried out they Tyre software which I think does a lot of MyRoute. On the Tyre site they seem to push you towards MyRoute anyway

I could create a route and import into Galileo Pro and maps.me. Not tried to import into Copilot yet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Having a play with Kurviger.de (I am an novice) it does appear you can create waypoints. My definition of a way point is passing a certain fixed location in any order.

I created this simple route and by dragging and clicking in certain places I could make it route as in the example. Loaded it to the android app and it will give turn by turn directions. As you can in the screenshot you can load 15 plus way points.

If this is what people need I can put some notes together if it helps?

Attachments

• Kurviger.de.jpg
    Kurviger.de.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 271
Have you checked out copilot. I've not started using it yet but I think it has waypoints.

I second Copilot...I have used it since release and it fucking rocks. I am gutted that apple car play won’t allow you to use third party apps because this would be my Satan’s of choice again. I can’t be bothered to jailbreak my phone, which would allow it, so it looks like never.

Back
Top Bottom