Quietest modular helmet...

Hallstar

Reaction score
I’m soon to be in the market for a new lid. I have severe hearing loss that requires me to wear hearing aids, of which I only wear one (left) when riding, with a custom setting to provide surrounding awareness without amplifying damaging wind/road noise frequencies.

I currently have a Shoei GT Air but am considering a modular ‘flip front’ helmet.

I’m quite liking the Shoei Neotec 2, and am considering offerings from Schuberth and Touratech.

Has anyone had any experience with these helmets that can give opinion on the better -or an alternative- choice, for the quietest lid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a Neotec 2 and sold my C4.

Not used the Neotec yet but wasn’t overly impressed with the C4.

Preferred my old Neotec so the N2 should be even better.

Get 20% off with Lids Direct using NEWSLETTER20 code,thus saving up to £120.

I’m soon to be in the market for a new lid. I have severe hearing loss that requires me to wear hearing aids, of which I only wear one (left) when riding, with a custom setting to provide surrounding awareness without amplifying damaging wind/road noise frequencies.

I currently have a Shoei GT Air but am considering a modular ‘flip front’ helmet.

I’m quite liking the Shoei Neotec 2, and am considering offerings from Schuberth and Touratech.

Has anyone had any experience with these helmets that can give opinion on the better -or an alternative- choice, for the quietest lid?

Been a Schuberth wearer (C3 Pro and E1) for the last 6 years, I can confirm that they are quiet, but only when visor vent is closed. Touratech Aventuro MOD is basically slightly tarted up E1.

I did Try new neotec 2 in store but have no on the road experience with it.

Infinity motorcycle are doing a deal at the moment on all helmets where you get double points wort a few quid (£41.60 when you buy basic Neotec 2)

I hated C4, shite compared to C3 Pro, it was a step backwards in my mind. Very tempted with Neotec 2

Loved my C3 until I dropped it and cracked the air vent on the top, getting the C4 from Arsey tried one in the shop fitted well, lids are like shoes everyone has different tastes.

Loved my C3 until I dropped it and cracked the air vent on the top, getting the C4 from Arsey tried one in the shop fitted well, lids are like shoes everyone has different tastes.

Exactly !

To be honest I was an inbetween L and XL in the C4 but always an L in Shoei.

If you want to ride with the front up ie open face mode, shark evoline.quiet and comfortable.

Highly recommend the system 6 Evo, very similar in qualities to the C3 Pro and can be had for a bargain now as they're replaced by the 7. Got mine for £240 brand new.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've found the original Neotec to be quite noisy with turbulence around the top vent, quieter when closed but that isn't ideal in the summer. Had 2 and both the same. Hope the Neotec 2 is better.

I avoid Schuberth helmets since my C3 sheared off at the side chin bar pivot point. i was lucky that it happened to me about 15 miles from home, however, my friend was not so fortunate as his did the same thing while we were touring in France.

i have just bought a Shoei Neotec 2 and I am very pleased with it.

I have a Neotec and it’s quiet enough, I always wear ear plugs regardless. The issue with the Neotec and other flip front helmets is that when the front is open it acts a sail at speed. A few of the guys I ride with have bought the Shark version which is much better in that the chin bar flips completely over and you can still use the clear visor which you cannot on the Neotec and other flip front helmets.

I have a Neotec and it’s quiet enough, I always wear ear plugs regardless. The issue with the Neotec and other flip front helmets is that when the front is open it acts a sail at speed. A few of the guys I ride with have bought the Shark version which is much better in that the chin bar flips completely over and you can still use the clear visor which you cannot on the Neotec and other flip front helmets.

Did you know, that riding with chinbar up is illegal, unless you are able to lock chinbar in place to prevent it flipping down if caught by wind.

I avoid Schuberth helmets since my C3 sheared off at the side chin bar pivot point. i was lucky that it happened to me about 15 miles from home, however, my friend was not so fortunate as his did the same thing while we were touring in France.

i have just bought a Shoei Neotec 2 and I am very pleased with it.

Riding with visor chinguard open or closed and at what speed, just interested.

Did you know, that riding with chinbar up is illegal, unless you are able to lock chinbar in place to prevent it flipping down if caught by wind.

I believe the Neotec 2 is the first ‘flip front’ designed to lock when open and can be legally used on the road in the open position

Get 20% off with Lids Direct using NEWSLETTER20 code,thus saving up to £120.

Thanks for the heads up. Saved £240 as both

I have just got a neotec 2, not tried it yet though, but looks good feels good, and nice built in BT

Back
Top Bottom