Quietest modular helmet...

Bought a Neotec 2 last week and it is a lot quieter then the Neotec it replaced, overall it feels a better quality lid than the old one and I have ridden it a couple of times without earplugs as it is so much quieter

I've found the original Neotec to be quite noisy with turbulence around the top vent, quieter when closed but that isn't ideal in the summer. Had 2 and both the same. Hope the Neotec 2 is better.

My experience is as above, I dont find the Neotech to be a quiet helmet. Closed it is significantly louder than my previous Shoei Raid full face.

I believe the Neotec 2 is the first ‘flip front’ designed to lock when open and can be legally used on the road in the open position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shark was first to be homologated and approved for use in both open and closed. Don’t know about the Neotec 2, my Neotec states it doesn’t meet the requirements when in the open position.

The Shark was first to be homologated and approved for use in both open and closed. Don’t know about the Neotec 2, my Neotec states it doesn’t meet the requirements when in the open position.

The Neotec wasn’t but the Neotec 2 is certified for both up and down

Schuberth J1.
Quietest helmet I've ever had, and open face
They just don't make it anymore...

I have a Schuberth E1 and a Neotec 2. With the sun shade off The E1 is quieter for me than the Neotec.

I prefer to go for premium brands for helmets, hence I bought the Neotec, however the chin bar acts like a sail in the up position, whereas the Shark with the rotating chin bar has the best of both worlds, and the clear visor can still be used in the open face position. I appreciate this has gone off topic as the op was about noise levels.

its all very well peeps stating they have the quietest helmet ,but its not good to the OP if the shell won't fit his lump !

OP, you need to try on the recommended ones to see which fits smuggly Believe me a shoei is a completely different fit from a Schuberth

Anyone with a Shark Evoline 3 tell me whether it will accommodate a Cardo comms system?

TIA

Just seen a vid comparing Evoline 3 and the new Evo One; swings and roundabouts... but it seems the Evo One is getting favoured generally. For the OP... apparently the Evo One is even quieter than the Evoline 3.

Last edited:
its all very well peeps stating they have the quietest helmet ,but its not good to the OP if the shell won't fit his lump !

OP, you need to try on the recommended ones to see which fits smuggly Believe me a shoei is a completely different fit from a Schuberth

Agreed, the Schuberth didn’t fit/feel good for me.

Evo 1 is well noisy. Can't use without ear plugs. Mine is quieter with visor up as well. It fits me very well though so it's a trade off for me. Comfort over noise.

I currently have a Shoei GT Air and have previously had a Neotec 1 and a Schuberth S2.

The feedback and reviews of the Neotec 2 are selling it to me.

Only thing now is to decide on a colour!

Riding with visor chinguard open or closed and at what speed, just interested.

No Problem...I never rode the bike with the chinguard open always closed. The same with my friend who had the same problem.

I currently have a Shoei GT Air and have previously had a Neotec 1 and a Schuberth S2.

The feedback and reviews of the Neotec 2 are selling it to me.

Only thing now is to decide on a colour!

cfc8a58caba000a338449b4a16fd0aca.jpg
01b5a8cee1a1b5aed8531c09c70beca2.jpg

I have a Touratech flip adventure mod and find it better and quieter than my Shark evoline

AGV

Guys,
You should really check out the new full carbon fibre AGV Sports Modular. Infinity Motorcycles have them in stock.
1300g and reputed to be as quiet as a C3 Pro.
Near enough the same price as a Neotec 2.

Guys,
You should really check out the new full carbon fibre AGV Sports Modular. Infinity Motorcycles have them in stock.
1300g and reputed to be as quiet as a C3 Pro.
Near enough the same price as a Neotec 2.

I’ve just been looking at them.. nice looking lid. Will check them out at Infinity next week

I'm not getting into my helmet is quieter than yours but, from my experience I'd say the quietness of a helmet is mostly influenced by the gaps around your neck.

Yes, they all have collars of sorts these days but if I hold both hands around my neck as I ride along it transforms things. Like night and day.

So far I haven't found a solution but I'm sure this is the root cause of the problem. I suggest looking for a helmet with a comprehensive 'scarf' more than 'market leading aero dynamics' .

Back
Top Bottom