Cigarette Type Socket That Plugs Into Headstock Canbus Plug

Bear in mind, that in bright sunlight - your screen will be at MAX, and the processor will be working hard too. If high ambient temp is added - even a heavy-duty usb charger will struggle to keep up with the consumption. And - the phone will be cooking.

A wireless charger - I cannot see, being able to keep up in normal temps - to be honest.

Bear in mind, that in bright sunlight - your screen will be at MAX, and the processor will be working hard too. If high ambient temp is added - even a heavy-duty usb charger will struggle to keep up with the consumption. And - the phone will be cooking.

That's my thoughts. I've nearly cooked my iphone before when using it on the bike either in the clear plastic on my tankbag or in a waterproof cradle.

Surely once your phone has lost its tower signal its map routing fails. Never tried it thought.

Are you planning on leaving this on your bike permanently then, I think I would fit it to a ram mount and using a din plug and socket in the left panel By the wind deflector on the left of the tank, (a popular at place to put a second din socket as the one under the seat is almost unusable) at least you can remove it quickly if you are parking the bike up,
This will shut down with the canbus,

How does the phone stay on the charger whilst you going down the road ??? Or am I missing something here
Take a look at the Perfect Squeeze phone mount. It clamps the phone in place. I can stick the wireless charger to the mount itself and clamp the phone on top of the charger

Are you planning on leaving this on your bike permanently then, I think I would fit it to a ram mount and using a din plug and socket in the left panel By the wind deflector on the left of the tank, (a popular at place to put a second din socket as the one under the seat is almost unusable) at least you can remove it quickly if you are parking the bike up,
This will shut down with the canbus,
I'll permanently mount it and just remove the phone when getting off the bike.

Had a moto G Android phone with co pilot ( £20) for three years had free map updates over that time. Well sun, rain etc inside £ 7:50 Amazon case, still works well no probs with screen or over heating,and links btooth to my headset.

Take a look at the Perfect Squeeze phone mount. It clamps the phone in place. I can stick the wireless charger to the mount itself and clamp the phone on top of the charger

Oh well each to there own

I can see phones getting hot in summer in car windscreens but on a bike ??? Surely, all should be fine with a good airflow.
I’ve not noticed my Garmin was especially hot when last trundled through London in summer heat. I can’t say the same for the engine which got stinking hot.

Ah that makes sense, I thought the maps depended on tower signals.

My daughter will not use sat nav, relies on her iPhone which she says is far better.

Me I like a bike gps. I have 3 my oldest being the navigator 3 and that is vintage now but works 100% and I still use it. Its worth little now but I won't sell it. I like the additional features available on my nav5 on my RT and the magic wheel is so useful.

Yes if your phone does it why use a dedicated gps.

No, most decent phones these days have a proper GPS chip. They don't rely on cell towers

It's quite natural and easy to use the phone especially with cloud services. I download the waypoints to Dropbox. Automatically syncs over to the photo and loads easily with maps.me, Galileo etc.

Constant sunlight in the heights of summer could be an issue but I could easily build a simple shade.

I can see phones getting hot in summer in car windscreens but on a bike ??? Surely, all should be fine with a good airflow.
I’ve not noticed my Garmin was especially hot when last trundled through London in summer heat. I can’t say the same for the engine which got stinking hot.

If the phone is in a waterproof case then it will cook (had this happen to mine in the mapcase of my tankbag). If it's in a normal case and in the open air it will generally be fine...

It'll cook.

max brightness, busy processor, ambient temperature, battery charging at full rate.

Back
Top Bottom