Bastard!

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After being a smart arse and saying I'd never broken a quick connect in 10 or more years of GS ownership...guess what?

feck feck feckety feck.

No egg run for the old girl this weekend then :mad:

After being a smart arse and saying I'd never broken a quick connect in 10 or more years of GS ownership...guess what?

feck feck feckety feck.

There are those who have and those that will....

Repair it with a hose joiner connector and fuel pipe clips from an auto parts factor.

Pop over to Nantwich this morning (Friday) if you can, I keep spares for such an occasion.
Leaving around 10-11am to the Ides of March rally.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Pop over to Nantwich this morning (Friday) if you can, I keep spares for such an occasion.
Leaving around 10-11am to the Ides of March rally.

That's very kind of you. Unfortunately I have a doctors appointment this morning :blast

Got to love UKGSER though, there's still some good guys on board :thumby::thumby::thumby:

If you nick your doc's stethoscope I'm sure you could improvise :)

If your Egg Run is anything like how the Wirral one has become over the last few years, you'll be able to push your bike and still manage to overtake the wobblers and weavers to whom it's the first day of the "Riding Season".

I pm’d you.
No problem for me to drop one off (plastic QD that is) on my way North midday at your location in Stoke.
You don’t want to let down the kids for their Easter surprise.

After a long journey to our good friends at Motorworks, jobs a chicken.

Thanks for the kind offer to help, but I needed a service kit and have invested in the non breakable versions to be double sure in future.

Snow will probably end play.

I try to help marshal the egg run and the pet food runs every year, my small contribution to the events (saves wobbling around with all the others too!)

Glad you got it fixed. Your experience kinda fits my fear with them, hence my thoughts on changing them right now if they're still fitted (I only mean the male part).

One of these breaking unexpectedly out on the road really could feck up your day. I know it can be patched up on the roadside, but do e really want to be doing that when it could have been done at your leisure, at home. ...

There is also that itsy bitsy fire risk!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Unlikely to break randomly, but it's a bugger when petrol starts pissing out everywhere!

All male connectors changed, lighting rig fixed (I hate wiring!), and a quick service means she's ready to hit the snow :blast

After all the grief I'm expecting it to get cancelled anyway. Never mind,found out the ramp is located perfectly for the GS to be lifted even with the screen, which fits neatly between the roof rafters.

Unlikely to break randomly, but it's a bugger when petrol starts pissing out everywhere!

All male connectors changed, lighting rig fixed (I hate wiring!), and a quick service means she's ready to hit the snow :blast

After all the grief I'm expecting it to get cancelled anyway. Never mind,found out the ramp is located perfectly for the GS to be lifted even with the screen, which fits neatly between the roof rafters.

Glad you got it sorted buddy.

Out of interest - what QD did you go for and how much ££ -I've been looking at a new set recently - metal ones from Ebay USA are seriously pricey.

I once had a QD O ring fail at a set of traffic lights. Fuel pouring out all over hot exhaust headers which was pretty exciting. Worth noting that there's an O ring the same size in the fittings of the standard camelbak. Handy!

Glad you got it sorted buddy.

Out of interest - what QD did you go for and how much ££ -I've been looking at a new set recently - metal ones from Ebay USA are seriously pricey.

I once had a QD O ring fail at a set of traffic lights. Fuel pouring out all over hot exhaust headers which was pretty exciting. Worth noting that there's an O ring the same size in the fittings of the standard camelbak. Handy!

They are silly expensive but hopefully a one off investment. With limited time to search I just went for the motorworks ones roughly £90

Back
Top Bottom