I want one! But it’s on STOP

DjApplin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, I went ahead and ordered a new GSA Rally TE with TFT. I expected to get it today but it’s been on “released to carrier “ for the last week. This usually only happens for 2 days then it’s out for delivery to the dealer.

Finally today after the usual annoyance of not getting info from BMW UK the dealer was able to update me.

There was a STOP placed on delivery due to a software issue. New software is expected 28th March until which time they cannot release any to the customers as the sale stop applies to dealers existing stock as well.

Not sure the full extent of the Sales STOP - it might only be bikes with TFT but I’m sure someone here will be forthcoming with more info.

Currently planning for collection of my bike on 29th March.

Picked mine up 1.5 weeks ago and had no problems + not heard anything from dealer.

Feck. My new GSA with TFT has arrived to dealer. It went from “quality inspection” to prepared for delivery to sitting in the crate outside the dealer to be unpacked in two days.
The dealer rang yesterday to ask me when I want to pick it up so it looks like not everyone has gotten that stop order.

I was told that the UK Tech department sent out a email around 2pm Friday

Due to pick up a new GSA TB with TFT on Saturday 24th. Bike was ordered on 14th - no known issues so far.

Due to pick up a new GSA TB with TFT on Saturday 24th. Bike was ordered on 14th - no known issues so far.

Let us know how that goes please. Love to find out if I’m just being given the run around

Update anyone?

Has anyone else had a delivery postponed because of this - or is it just me?

I had the dealer check to see was there a stop on the GSA with TFT and they said no. That I can pick up whenever I wish.

Just heard that it might be just the bikes with Emergency assist and TFT.

Patiently waiting for the 29th.... not

Just heard that it might be just the bikes with Emergency assist and TFT.

Patiently waiting for the 29th.... not

That does indeed make sense. I could have gotten an earlier delivery of a bike if I took a bike with emergency assist but I didn’t want it even at no cost so had to wait on a custom order with out it- of course I’ve probably jinxed myself now.

Back
Top Bottom