Bumot Top Box

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've put a my deposit down on a new Adventure Rallye:D and will probably fir the Bumot panniers.

Unfortunately information on the Top Box is a bit scarce.

If anyone is using a Bumot Topbox what do you think of it?

How is the attachment to the OEM frames working out?

What about the size as it looks very big in some pictures but this can be a photographic illusion?

Cheers in advance

Mike

ive just taken off a silver Bumot top box off my gs,very good box waterproof and secure 2 latches,the attachment is fine and secure and reasonably quick to remove.(pm me if you want mine)

Hi,

I have the black Bumot panniers and top box on my 2017 GSA. I wanted something other than the std boxes, where the finish was better (this was before BMW started offering black boxes) and that used the std racks. The top box is marginally bigger than the BMW box, which makes it a better fit for peaked/adventure style lids.

They are very well made, easy to take on and off, and so far have coped well being used in all weathers. The wide rubber seal around each lid also keeps them water tight. The only issue (for some) is that they require a separate key, but not something I am bothered about. They also worked out cheaper than the std boxes which was a bonus!!

I got mine from Cliff and the team at The Adventure Bike Shop. :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 317
Thanks for taking the time to take a photo and reply to my questions.

The consensus seems to be that they are better quality than the BM cases at a lower price.

Thanks again

Mike

Thanks for taking the time to take a photo and reply to my questions.

The consensus seems to be that they are better quality than the BM cases at a lower price.

Thanks again

Mike

I didn't fit the top-box to my GS but the panniers (and tool boxes) are stellar quality. Much better than the OEM items. Strong, well built and good looking.

32533206626_11c1a7bbf9_k.jpg
[/url]R11550GS_Bumot_rhs by Ian Johnson, on Flickr[/IMG]

32194803470_2e669afbc2_k.jpg
[/url]R11550GS_LHS_Sidestand2 by Ian Johnson, on Flickr[/IMG]

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

Looks good Istanbulian. I had a 51 plate manarin for 16 years. Bought it new in Jan 02 and traded it last June.

Finally bite the bullet today and ordered a 3 piece set in silver just like above from the Adventure Bike Shop, with pannier bags and a pannier lid bag. Unfortunately the topbox is not in stock so I'll have a 3 weekish wait until it arrives from Bulgaria.

Not a great problem as I don't think my new Adventure Rallye will be ready for a couple of weeks.

I'll post a picture when it all comes together.

Many thanks all

Mike

Back
Top Bottom