First few 100 miles on a 2018 GSA + TFT

Glad you like it.

My 18 GS is noticeably better than my 14.

2018-01-13%2016.49.20%20-%20Copy.jpg
It would be good if the software recognized when a satnav was in place and took the speed reading from that device to inform the tft read out. The in your face disparity would irritate me.
Alan R

TFT software update out next week apparently so have booked mine in for early April so hope it sorts out the stupid fuel range issue and the occasional dreaded blank screen. :thumb

It would be good if the software recognized when a satnav was in place and took the speed reading from that device to inform the tft read out. The in your face disparity would irritate me.
Alan R
They would not be allowed to do this. The SatNav speed is only accurate when going in a straight line on a flat road. If you go through a series of bends, or up or down a steep hill, the SatNav speed will read too low.

Bob

They would not be allowed to do this. The SatNav speed is only accurate when going in a straight line on a flat road. If you go through a series of bends, or up or down a steep hill, the SatNav speed will read too low.

Bob
Well you live and learn. With out wishing to cast aspersions on your good self, is this a referenceable fact or internet hearsay? Edit: it seems what you say is accepted fact according to a quick search and a Daily Telegraph motoring article
Alan R

Well you live and learn. With out wishing to cast aspersions on your good self, is this a referenceable fact or internet hearsay? Edit: it seems what you say is accepted fact according to a quick search and a Daily Telegraph motoring article
Alan R
I started to answer the question, before I noticed your edit. I'm glad I did notice it, it is much harder to explain in writing than it is to explain face to face! It saved me a lot of typing. :rolleyes:
If you are ever at Devil's Bridge and spot a new GSA Rallye TE ask if it's me (Bob) and I'll happily bore you with the 'why' and 'how' over a brew. ;)

Bob

Yes I get to the bridge a fair bit. You won’t see me though because I’m camouflaged:thumb Alan R

Attachments

• 0332080C-5F8F-4F54-A415-B7E9003D6670.jpg
    0332080C-5F8F-4F54-A415-B7E9003D6670.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 399
My nav 5 did that also.
Heading to Poland and arrival in France realised no map.
Luck or not, all other countries were there, garmin didnt like France obviously but update sorted it.

No Hi-Viz then.......:augie
No. No Dayglo Derek vests or lookamee wanabe a cop polit(c)e hi-vis low esteem jerkoff jerkins, no dilligaf ride captain pirate costumes. just normal black textile kit.
The bike is camoflaged though - probably ashamed to be with me.
Alan R

Back
Top Bottom