GAP Insurance

Hallstar

Reaction score
Has anyone taken out the BMW Shortfall (GAP) Insurance?

Is it worth doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a search on here - there are recommendations for much cheaper gap deals elsewhere.

Try a company called arla. I got car gap insurance for £139 against dealers £350.

I went with Easygap. Much cheaper than BMW. Make sure you work out the correct level of cover.

BMW are cheaper!

a60e300f2ac595ce61c7e011f7a7dcd7.jpg

I'd perhaps give them a ring. I bought mine in December and it was 338 for an invoice of 14680 for 5 years,

I'd perhaps give them a ring. I bought mine from ala in December and it was 338 for an invoice of 14680 (replacement, max benefit 10K) for 5 years.

I negotiated my BMW GAP down from £350 to £225, making it cheaper than some alternative products.

Also, check you're comparing apples with apples - there are differences.

Regarding GAP generally - I took out a c£250 3 year return to invoice policy on my E63S - upon it being stolen/written off Aviva paid the market value of £40K and the GAP coughed back up to the invoice value of £62K.

Have a guess what I spent my £22K GAP on :D:thumb.

Well worth c£1.50/week.

I negotiated my BMW GAP down from £350 to £225, making it cheaper than some alternative products.

Also, check you're comparing apples with apples - there are differences.

Regarding GAP generally - I took out a c£250 3 year return to invoice policy on my E63S - upon it being stolen/written off Aviva paid the market value of £40K and the GAP coughed back up to the invoice value of £62K.

Have a guess what I spent my £22K GAP on :D:thumb.

Well worth c£1.50/week.
In which case I've saved £1.50/week by not having it.:D

BMW are cheaper!

a60e300f2ac595ce61c7e011f7a7dcd7.jpg

Why would you need £10k of cover on a £10.5k purchase price? :nenau

Don’t forget that the gap will pay the difference between the insurance payout, and the original invoice price, so if in 2 years, the bike is worth £6k, you’ll only need £4.5k of cover to get back to the original invoice price.

Ala gap insurance are the ones quoted on all the car forums as being good and cheap,or cheap and good !!

BMW supplied GAP, speak to the dealer, get them to knock it down a bit to get rid of some of their commission. There’s more commission in GAP than a lot of insurance. I’ve had and claimed GAP twice - no issue, money in your account with a week. I wouldn’t buy a bike without it now....worth every penny in my book and piss easy to do at a dealer.

...I’d forgotten the claim when the dealer wrote my bike off.....that’s 3 times I’ve claimed and all well...

Back
Top Bottom