Twin cam ID

chriswilliams

Reaction score
Hello .I am looking to buy a twin cam 2010-2012
My question is how can I be sure on the 2010 models that it is definitely the twin cam and not a late registered single cam
Apologies if this is a daft question but I have only had 100 and 1150s

Thanks chris

My question is how can I be sure on the 2010 models that it is definitely the twin cam and not a late registered single cam

Thanks chris

Look at the cylinder head. Single cam has 4 bolts holding them in. Twin cam has 2 bolts

Hi Chris on the engine heads the black plug covers go vertical Rather than horizontal

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hi Chris on the engine heads the black plug covers go vertical Rather than horizontal

Yeah that's the easiest. Look and the cylinder heads and the black plastic part is vertical rather can horizontal on pre-TU bikes.

Thanks chris

Chris let me know if you get one I get mine Tuesday been owned by captain Kirk but still looking forward to getting it..

Oil filler is on the right head on twin cam, left head on single

ET voila

Twin cam GS (white) note the vertical rubber cover in the head. Pre twin cam (red) has horizontal and hexagonal cover (hence "Hexhead").

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 320
That I didn't know! Get mine Tuesday... Come on come on come on come on ... Like a kid waiting for Christmas...

Someone in their wisdom thought it was a good idea, at least on my single cam I can top up the oil and see the sight glass, on the twin cam you have to put a bit in then run round the bike to check the level, then run round to add a little more, unless you have a handy helper to assist.

Someone in their wisdom thought it was a good idea, at least on my single cam I can top up the oil and see the sight glass, on the twin cam you have to put a bit in then run round the bike to check the level, then run round to add a little more, unless you have a handy helper to assist.
What a cack idea

500 ml. Takes you from the bottom of the sight glass to the top. I am sure you can figure out how much to add to save the long walk from one side of your bike to the other.

What's wrong with a good old long thin dipstick that's used on car engines?

500 ml. Takes you from the bottom of the sight glass to the top. I am sure you can figure out how much to add to save the long walk from one side of your bike to the other.

Just lob in 750ml. It will soon burn off the excess. ;)

Back
Top Bottom