Thoughts on a Rockster..

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seriously considering buying a Rockster. I rode one many years ago and was impressed - with a suspension upgrade, a better exhaust and small screen I reckon it'll be just as capable for normal use as a GS. Primary function will be commuting to work - 30 miles of gridlock. 20 miles of M1 filtering and 10 miles of inner 406 antics - I'm aware of the Ultra Low emission change and believe that a Rockster might be exempt.

Thoughts...

Shorter flatter handle bars puts more weight over the front wheel and makes the steering feel heavy after something like a GS

- I'm aware of the Ultra Low emission change and believe that a Rockster might be exempt.

Thoughts...

I put my 2004 1150R reg number into the TFL vehicle checker and was surprised to find it exempt, after being led to believe that only post 2007 bikes would be allowed.
After a few more reg number checks it seems that Y reg/2002 is the cut off point.

Shorter flatter handle bars puts more weight over the front wheel and makes the steering feel heavy after something like a GS

I'm not sure the bars will make that much difference. It may affect the 'feel', but the smaller front wheel will do a lot more to put extra weight on the front... That's certainly the effect on the GS, where I've still got the original bars fitted.

I put my 2004 1150R reg number into the TFL vehicle checker and was surprised to find it exempt, after being led to believe that only post 2007 bikes would be allowed.
After a few more reg number checks it seems that Y reg/2002 is the cut off point.

Just checked my 2001 Y reg R850R on the ULEZ site and it is not subject to the charge.

According to TFL my 1985 Laverda RGS meets Euro 4 standards so is not subject to a T charge (whatever that is) Clearly fitting a set of Mikuni RS36 flatslide carbs has it belching daisies...

Back
Top Bottom