Comfort of 1090R compared to GS LC

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Selling my LC GS after 3 years... loved the bike but fancy a change, longest I ever had a bike.
Wanted something a bit lighter and fun so thinking about the 1090 Adv.

Would be putting on heated ergo seat etc.
I presume it’s not as plush as the GS but is it a big difference after a day in the saddle?
Weather protection much different?
Won’t be doing any motorway really only weekend blasts and a 5 day tour in the alps once a year after shipping the bike out.

Any feedback very much appreciated.

There’s very few bikes better at getting from A to B in comfort/style than the 12GS...but there are more fun bikes to do the same sort of journeys. Ergo seat is a must on the KTM’s for longer distances IMO.

I’ve had both - Ergo seat is mandatory as the stock seat is an instrument of torture...

Riding style on these is a bit more frantic. - not like a big V Twin / more Jap like - plenty of power / owned mine for a year before going back to a Boxer Twin as I prefer the torque of a flat Twin.

You don’t need the heated seat - save your cash and get normal - these bikes run very hot and the back
Cylinder is right under your nutsack.

Oh one last thing - KTM’s depreciate fast - get a deal - they can be had here near new for sub £10k

In answer to your OP, I’ve had a few GS’s, and got a 1290S last year. IMO, with the ergo seat, and bar risers it’s as comfortable as any of my GS’s. I took it on a trip around Europe, down to Italy, and after a week was smitten. And it’s loads more fun than the BM.;)

In answer to your OP, I’ve had a few GS’s, and got a 1290S last year. IMO, with the ergo seat, and bar risers it’s as comfortable as any of my GS’s. I took it on a trip around Europe, down to Italy, and after a week was smitten. And it’s loads more fun than the BM.;)

Twizz said they depreciate faster though

Whilst you are in the mood - get the LED indicators only £75 a set and plug an play / they look sooooo much better then the cheap originals...if buying new I’d at least get the fitting thrown in!!

Oh one last thing - KTM’s depreciate fast - get a deal - they can be had here near new for sub £10k

Totally agree residuals suck and once the warranty is out after 2 years your own your own, no additional warranty options from ktm.

Don't buy new unless heavily discounted, they have form for discounting bikes after customers paid top dollar.

I find customer service and warranty much better with Bmw, they tend to look after there customers where as ktm tell you to fook off in the nicest possible way, also try and find a working tel no for ktm uk customer services ! You won't .

I find customer service and warranty much better with Bmw, they tend to look after there customers where as ktm tell you to fook off in the nicest possible way, also try and find a working tel no for ktm uk customer services ! You won't .
I found kTm UK very good to deal with but the dealer in Dublin is shite. I'm looking to change my '13 1190 and wont buy a kTm again due to poor dealer support.

Waiting until next year to change, see what new models are out then

I'm keeping mine! Last three or four bikes have been pcp and ive done a new deal after three years. This one? A keeper ....

(Yes.. the stock seat is pretty firm!).

We'll see..............when you get bored:D

I’ve already prepared myself for a HUGE loss, come resale time.;)

If it’s worth more than £3.50 this time next year, I’ll be well chuffed.:thumb

I went in to KTM Dublin last week, he offered me €11,000 for my 13 gs...
I asked for a 1090 with akra, heated grips, and ergo seats with front heated... told him I’d give him 4 with my own and he said he’d get back to me, I didn’t think that was a bad deal...
Saves me on a major service on the gs, the boat and flight to the Uk for a bike from over the pond, a new 18 plate instead of a 17 plate over, and the overall hassle of selling my own private... I must say I’m considering it.

Back
Top Bottom