BMW 850's made in China?

@JohnnyBoxer;I read a interview with KTM boss Pierer wher announced that the new 790 parallel twin bikes will be completely made in china...:(
I say great sell them there,too and see how much profit you make you cheap and greedy bastard...
I can understand if they make the small 125-390 displacement bikes in india for local markets to compete with the Japanese who produce in Thailand but to make bigger bikes cheap in China to sell them in Europe for bigger profits is a completely different story because they won't pass the savings down.But I would prefer to pay more to save the local economy and local jobs !
As also a bike made in china doesn't give me any positive emotions...;)
I like German,austrian or italian bikes.But real ones not made in china !

@JohnnyBoxer;I read a interview with KTM boss Pierer wher announced that the new 790 parallel twin bikes will be completely made in china...:(
I say great sell them there,too and see how much profit you make you cheap and greedy bastard...
I can understand if they make the small 125-390 displacement bikes in india for local markets to compete with the Japanese who produce in Thailand but to make bigger bikes cheap in China to sell them in Europe for bigger profits is a completely different story because they won't pass the savings down.But I would prefer to pay more to save the local economy and local jobs !

Thanks
I am with you on that score
Perhaps only the KTM dirt bikes will be made in Austria ??

There were whole sections of the Manchester bike show displaying Chineese bikes.
One interesting bike was on the Lexmoto stand.

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/MH125GY-15.php

It was a cut down trailie eg like a GS310. However it had a perfect reproduction of an XT660 back end. Same shape exhausts strip led brake light hanger etc. Its called a Tekken 125 have a look

Herald had a Triumph Bonny clone , a Truxton clone , even a scrambler clone, all smaller but tin work the same.

They will do two things

1) Continue to be the choice for least cost manufacturing for the likes of BMW Ktm etc

2) Hone and develop bikes for the Euro market and become another major over here.

I don't think I make life too complicated.If I pay good money for a german bike I want a german bike with most of the parts coming from Germany.
If I buy a Chinese bike (which I would not ) I would pay Chinese prices (dirt cheap).
.............l...

Au contraire, I think you are.

Like it or not (and that's a different discussion), if you refuse to buy anything that has parts of or all of it sourced from China you are severely limiting your choice. As has been said by others on here, virtually ALL bikes/cars/household goods etc have got China stamped on them, whether it's component parts or the whole shebang.

I do, however, admire your stance as principles are a very good thing.

Some of us won't eat meat, only buy organic, shop Fair-trade where possible, blah, blah, blah. You choose not to buy anything that has a sniff of China on it, good man :thumb

Out of interest what bikes WILL you buy?

Andres

Take your head out of the sand !!!! And possibly get rid of some ridiculous prejudices !!! I take it you've never been to China......

I'd rather a bike 100% made by the Chinese than some BMW shite 100% ready to rust from Germany !!

For me it is a matter of principle.I'm a working man and not some shareholder or rich capitalist.I don't care if some little switch comes from some low wage/low benefit country.But I support the local economy and thus local well paying jobs.
The Chinese can keep their crap as also greedy western corporations that want to increase their profits and don't pass their savings down to the customer...:(
Especially on a emotional product like a motorcycle.I don't like Japanese bikes but for sure would never buy a Chinese one because of unfair market practices and no emotional attachment to it like I feel towards a BMW or may Moto Guzzi if they came out with another bike worthy of the label le Mans...:D
Enjoy your Chinese I-phones made in china for 20 squid and sold for 40 times as much...:eek:
A few rich and greedy americans will love you for it...;)

If I buy a german bike I want my bike made in Germany or at least like the last F700/800 the engine made in Austria and not in China.Especially when you pay good money for it.But under globalization it is all in the name of big profits for the few.Our jobs gone overseas where the stuff is made cheap and sold expensive.
Triumphs,Ducatis,Harleys made in Thailand.KTM's in China or India.Japanese bikes in Thailand and now BMW engines in China or whole bikes (310)in India...:(
I won't buy a "CMW" no matter how good they might be !
F the banksters and shareholders.I demand authentic products for my money !
Otherwise they can keep it...Too bad that all the throw away crap of our daily lives already comes from China.
Leave our motorcycles alone !

I think that you’ll find that the F800 parallel twin engines were designed in Austria but assembled by the Kwang Yang Motor Company (something like that) KYMCO to us.

Other parts on the 800GS that I have say....
Made in Spain
Made in China
Made in Hungary

There is probably more.

If you don’t want a motorcycle with any of its parts sourced from China/India etc, it looks like your new or nearly new bike buying days are done.

There wouldn't be much in a house either, if you only wanted stuff made in the UK. Personally I just want the best and highest quality product for my money, I don't give a shit where its made and certainly don't want to pay extra for inferior products.

There wouldn't be much in a house either, if you only wanted stuff made in the UK. Personally I just want the best and highest quality product for my money, I don't give a shit where its made and certainly don't want to pay extra for inferior products.

Triumph claimed that the good thing about quality control in Thailand was that staff only had to be shown how to do stuff once, after that it was just done properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure my 95 GS ll00 is 100% Box head; or is that oil head.:D. Any roads ; it's cosher.

I would not buy fake Triumphs and Ducatis from Thailand or Chinese KTM's or BMW's with Chinese made engines.
[Might as well buy Japanese junk...;)]
Because I care more about local jobs than profits for a few CEO's and their shareholders !

When I bought my niece a Pulse 49, Chinese, scooter a mate who is a bike mechanic said I should have bought her the new Peugeot 50 scooter as they are better than some Chinese crap.
So I did a small piece of research and found that the Peugeot and the Pulse are both made in China, and even in the same factory. The only two differences are the badges and the price. Pulse £750; Peugeot £1500.
My instant question being: since when is a chromed plastic badge worth £750?

The moral of the story ?
If you buy Chinese crap you might as well buy real Chinese crap and not European re-badged Chinese crap...:D
I can't see how people will spend 1000 whatever on a Chinese made I-phone that costs Crapple maybe 20 whatever to make...:mad:
But these people are sheeple anyways and phones are not emotional products.
But as motorcyclists how can you get excited or have an emotional connection about a Chinese bike ?
Or when western manufacturers save a buck and destroy local jobs in the name of shareholder profit...:(

I would not buy fake Triumphs and Ducatis from Thailand or Chinese KTM's or BMW's with Chinese made engines.
[Might as well buy Japanese junk...;)]
Because I care more about local jobs than profits for a few CEO's and their shareholders !

So what do you buy then?

There's supposed to be a lot of Chinese and Korean stuff on Harleys from what I've heard:nenau
To be honest I never thought I'd buy a Thaiumph, but I did and I'm very pleased with my T120 Bonny. I would rather it was produced in the UK. My TV is made in the far east, as are most items in the home these days. With all this globalization it's very difficult to buy 100% home produced goods :(

All a bit jingoistic this where is it built thing!
If it goes well, is reliable and has decent quality why does it matter where it’s made?
Practically everything you wear is made in some sweatshop in the Far East and nobody gives a crap if it’s decent quality.
Buy one and your contract is with BMW anyway so you’ll get at least 2 years out of it whilst it’s under warranty!!

The moral of the story ?
If you buy Chinese crap you might as well buy real Chinese crap and not European re-badged Chinese crap...:D
I can't see how people will spend 1000 whatever on a Chinese made I-phone that costs Crapple maybe 20 whatever to make...:mad:
But these people are sheeple anyways and phones are not emotional products.
But as motorcyclists how can you get excited or have an emotional connection about a Chinese bike ?
Or when western manufacturers save a buck and destroy local jobs in the name of shareholder profit...:(

You sound just like the folk who insisted that Meridan Triumphs were better than any bike that might be heading to our shores from Japan.

Just how wrong do you have to be before the reality of the new order sinks hone?

Back
Top Bottom