BMW 850's made in China?

Some on here live in la la land. We live in a global world and have done for decades, as long as components meet the manufactures
Spec then I don't give monkeys gonads where it's assembled.

There wouldn't be much in a house either, if you only wanted stuff made in the UK. Personally I just want the best and highest quality product for my money, I don't give a shit where its made and certainly don't want to pay extra for inferior products.

Hear Hear old boy. Most of the German, UK, Spanish, Italian etc factory workers aren't locals anyhow. Try and buy a building in London that has been built by British tradesmen and you'll know what I mean

I had a look at the new F850GS yesterday the exhaust routing looks a little unusual with a large box cat just in front of the rear wheel, but what I noticed more was the quality of the plastics feels a lot cheaper than the current 800 very thin and flexible. The seat height felt lower when sat on the bike the switch gear felt a lot better than the old 800 model.

2 years later I was just wondering what is the opinion on the quality of F850GS. This is a genuine question.

The 750/850 is no different to the 1200/1250 in terms of quality fit and finish.

It's also interesting to note that in the two years since the thread was stated we've seen perhaps the only true 'british made by british people' company fail. *

Yes I know there were other issues at Norton, but still their model failed to deliver the right quality bike at the right price.

*I think CCM use foreign-sourced engines.

It's also interesting to note that in the two years since the thread was stated we've seen perhaps the only true 'british made by british people' company fail. *

Yes I know there were other issues at Norton, but still their model failed to deliver the right quality bike at the right price.

Yup Narcissism and Greed with a side order of Ego .......

It should have worked had they not focused on the the top 10% of earners regarding the price!

Back
Top Bottom