Ex-demo GS TE

strikemaster

Reaction score
A rubbish part-ex offer £600 adrift on my immaculate 3 y.o. Tiger 800XrX led to the Triumph going back to the finance company instead of paying the balloon. So, free of being 'tied in' I took the plunge and bought an ex-Demo 1200GS TE on a 17 plate. Picked it up yesterday and rode home 230 miles with temps hovering around zero! Having rented GS's many times in the USA and South Africa I knew I wanted one, but it was a surreal experience to pick up the familiar roads near home in yesterday's weather (mini beast from the East) yet on my new GS!

Hosepipe was frozen, so several buckets of cold water used to sluice off the road salt! My first impressions are, gear changes fantastic with the assist, buffeting from the screen, a standard seat fits in the left vario pannier (just), heated grips on low not quite warm enough in -1.5ºC, cars parted like magic during filtering on the M25! Waiting for the snow to disappear before my next adventure...

Congrats! Good choice - I hope you're both very happy together!

Thanks, Steve, already done. Use the stuff on my other bikes! Which bits are prime for corrosion?

Thanks!

Now the slightly worrying issue - I didn't write the 'bounce' post above, so how did it get there?

This will teach me not to post on the forum when jet lagged :blast
Well, you can put up a post 'bounce, I now unthank you' and it will negate your earlier post.

:D Welcome to the forum and enjoy yer new steed. :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom