Camhead RT

drinu64

Reaction score
Guys

Am going to view a 2010 RT - is there a way how I can distinguish a cam head from a hex head 1200RT. I am totally new to RTs and know very little about them, any help is greatly appreciated with regards pros and cons
. TIA

A twincam head has the oil filler plug in the right hand side and single cam has filler on the left.
Twincams are 2 bolt head cover fitting single cam has 4 bolts.
On a twin cam the plug lead drops downwards compared to going off to the side of the cam cover.

You live on Malta? I assume you will use the bike for touring from there sround southern and central Europe? You will not find a finer tourer than the RT. The only issue being the "flappy valve" sticking. Easily sorted by removing the flap and replacing with a short length of SS. On the other hand, some might suggest that a GS might be the better choice given the ambient summer temps in the areas you may be touring in?

Hi, I have a 2010 camhead RT. Almost at 40k miles, when I bought it last October it had only done 28k. It's a great do it all bike and comes seriously tricked out for the money. If I lived in a place with a nice climate I would have probably gone for a GS however living in a Scotland where it pisses it down all the time the weather protection is most appreciated.

If you view one make sure you throughly check out the rear differential as they're prone to corrosion, especially underneath. I had mine powder coated and it hasn't had any problems since.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

yes i live on the little rock, am also vertically challenged so the GS was out (plus I dont like the shape much) I do my touring off the rock and so far have been touring on an old and trusty 96 R850R. I just need more luggage space and more torque and creature comforts :) Was looking into an RS lc but then this came along fully kitted and ready to go minus GPS

yes i live on the little rock, am also vertically challenged so the GS was out (plus I dont like the shape much) I do my touring off the rock and so far have been touring on an old and trusty 96 R850R. I just need more luggage space and more torque and creature comforts :) Was looking into an RS lc but then this came along fully kitted and ready to go minus GPS

Sounds like you've answered your own question. Get it bought man! I woukd nvest in a well ventilated jacket and pants though.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom