This after market horn thing

As standard the brake light output normally puts out a lower than 12V supply continuously (for the lower brightness rear light function) and ups it to the full 12V to get a brighter output when the brakes are applied. I suspect that if I set the HexEzcan rear light brightness to the same 100% as the brake light output, and turn off brake light flashing, then I will have a spare continuous 12V output which I can use to power some other accessory in future.

I have already done that, trickle charges a power bank under the seat, if that is the case with the horn channel on the hexcan I may well connect the surplus Denali to it.

I've got a 2013 GS LC and just want to very simply replace the OE horn with a louder one. No brackets, relays or anything else apart from the required canbus lead.

Any suggestions of ones that fit /work?

Ta

Unfortunately no sound, but this old boy in his jag yesterday got to move when I gave him a soundbomb. In fairness, he was probably originally following the red car in front who's also straying over which is why the car in front of me then also got confused (has to brake as he encroached on the car turning right).

(google drive compression, so quality not that great)

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DHdA1YiiNGVTV4eWKbt43tBFsjkaY-yz[/video]

Thanks, but the picture looks like it has a relay and a bracket.

I'll also slightly rephrase my question - any suggestions for significantly less than 80 Euros plus postage?

If you are fitting an aftermarket horn then you will need the yellow wiring (shown in the photo) to connect it to the original bike wiring unless you are prepared to start butchering the wiring.

Wolo-Horn.html

That’s not really plug and play then like it says. I have a hexcan but don’t want to waste a output on a horn. I just had a Denali left over and was seeing if I could use it.

You could wire both lights to one output leaving you the other free for the horn.. this is what I did with my EZcan. This does mean that, with regards to the indicator, both lights will go out when signalling left or right instead of just the corresponding side..... IMHO, I prefer this option anyway.

Back
Top Bottom