Which Tanklock ring for R1100GS

BeerEnthusiast

Reaction score
Hi.

I'd like a tank bag for my '95 1100 with the plastic tank, but I'm having real trouble finding (googling) a suitable adapter to fit my tank/filler.

Is the filler bolt pattern on the 1100 similar to, say, a newer 1200 of some year (for which there may be a compatible product?)

Id rather go Tanklock - but if there's no suitable adapter ring, what other options do I have for fitting a tankbag?

TIA.

As far as I`m aware it`s the BF17 or BF11 that fit most of the GS range.
Think that the newer mounts are more universal then the earlier specific mounts.
Also think the mounting on the Tank Bags are adjustable to get the best position.

Hi BeerEnthusiast/

Did you ever resolve your tank ring dilemmas for your R1100GS? I've got the same issue... I've already got a Givi tank bag for my F800GS and wanted to use the same one on the R1100GS. I'm getting mixed messages about whether or not any of the Givi tank rings fit. (Namely the BF17). I've seen ad's for similar products from SW-Motech and Hepco & Becker, but they're expensive, and would mean of course not only the price of the bag, but also the attachment tank ring.

So any advice much appreciated, if you ever overcame this prob'.

Hi Nigel, I had a similar issue with my bike. As far as I could make out the plastic bit that your tank bag fitting clips onto doesn't come in too many variations. They take the mickey by promoting the expensive and specific metal horseshoe thingy to mount the plastic bit to your filler cap ring.
If you trace the position the bolt holes from the F800 set up and see if enough of them line up with the bolts on the 1100. If so get another tank fitting and use some decent sized washers instead of the horseshoe.
The plastic tank ring can also be easily modified to get bolt holes to line up.
Hope this makes sense.

Hi Nigel, I had a similar issue with my bike. As far as I could make out the plastic bit that your tank bag fitting clips onto doesn't come in too many variations. They take the mickey by promoting the expensive and specific metal horseshoe thingy to mount the plastic bit to your filler cap ring.
If you trace the position the bolt holes from the F800 set up and see if enough of them line up with the bolts on the 1100. If so get another tank fitting and use some decent sized washers instead of the horseshoe.
The plastic tank ring can also be easily modified to get bolt holes to line up.
Hope this makes sense.

Hi RolyKBiker. Many thanks, got that and all makes sense. :okay I did get a useful reply from GPR Direct that Hepco and Becker do an R1100GS tank ring to fit their tank bag range. For the info' of anyone reading this thread in the future, you need part no. 506901 00 09 or 506003-6 which are apparently the same thing. The Hepco and Becker tank ring is £34.69. Bargain :eek:

Back
Top Bottom