Rad guards for the GSA Rallye

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys(gals), I’ve just had one of the lads onto me about the rad guards on the new Rallye. He’s just bought an adventure Rallye and it doesn’t come with rad guards (seemingly the GS Rallye does.......). Why it doesn’t come with them I’ve no idea nor does he or seemingly nor does the dealer.

Anyhoo he’s tried all the aftermarket guys for some and they all say the same thing - ‘soz’ so he popped over and I’ve managed to make mine fit.

If anyone is stuck then I can help and if anyone can explain why BMW fit them to the GS Rallye and not the GSA Rallye I know two people who would be interested!
a0032de19036eefea6ceb3f0cdfbe8cd.jpg
6371a00c71f34c04e780524e91fdfa56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pair of your guards on my 15MY GSA LC and they swapped straight onto my GSA Ralley no problem.. Didn't think they wouldn't to be honest.:thumb

Interesting words (also posted elsewhere!) from the kind gent who had the issue............

Paul Clarke It’s true! The new 2018 BMW R1200GS Adventure Rally is supposed to come with Rad Guards same as the 2017 R1200GS Rally did, but it doesn’t. The Adventure Rally comes with nothing at all, leaving those fragile and expensive Rads open to damage from stones and debris. On contacting BMW in December 2017, I was told that the Adventure Rally does not now come with Rad Guards after all and that the old 1200GS Rally guards would not fit!
I needed some good protection before venturing out on my first run of the year and after searching everywhere, getting no joy on fitment to the GSA Rally, I eventually decided to contact Mark and Mike at Cymarc to see if they could help. Their Guards looked the best for the job being Stainless Steel, but I needed to check their guards would fit the Adventure Rally, as no one was listing them for this bike at this time. Their answer was that their new design guards should fit and that if I could get over, they would make sure before I purchased. As it was only 40 miles or so, I jumped on my bike and shot straight across.
They checked, then fitted their new design guards to my bike in well under an hour, they fitted perfectly and looked amazing. The quality, engineering and fit is second to none. Top guys and truly lovely products. Buy with confidence, highly recommended. Thanks guys. Paul C.

Just had to check my GS Rallye to see if they had them, and yes they do. Didn’t know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pair of your guards on my 15MY GSA LC and they swapped straight onto my GSA Ralley no problem.. Didn't think they wouldn't to be honest.:thumb

The same for me I just assumed that they would fit and got them to fit no problem

Back
Top Bottom