Metal bike shed

Big Al

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent bike shed to keep my pride & joy safe from thieving f###### out there?

I've got about £700 to spend.

Thanks

I have an Asgard Metal Secure Motorcycle Shed.

They are a bit over your budget for a decent sized one, but are very well made, very secure and you get excellent service from the company. You do need to prepare the base before they deliver as it makes such a difference to the finish, with the doors fitting and staying put etc.

They do offer a 'build service' as well, although I did it myself and it is simple enough to do, but does take a bit of time. However, the guys who delivered mine would have built it for a significantly cheaper rate than the pre-order price for 'cash' there and then. I hadn't put the final 'self' levelling concrete finish down when they delivered it so couldn't take advantage of the offer :augie

I have an Asgard garden shed, as said above its above your budget for a bike garage, (£12-1400) but good quality. If you do get a metal shed a wooden floor reduces the chance of condensation.
Sheds seem to be the thing at the moment, this is the4/5 post this week.

Al.

You will be struggling for that money unless you can find something second hand. The asgard kit is great if you feel like splashing out.

I have an Asgard Metal Secure Motorcycle Shed.

They are a bit over your budget for a decent sized one, but are very well made, very secure and you get excellent service from the company. You do need to prepare the base before they deliver as it makes such a difference to the finish, with the doors fitting and staying put etc.

They do offer a 'build service' as well, although I did it myself and it is simple enough to do, but does take a bit of time. However, the guys who delivered mine would have built it for a significantly cheaper rate than the pre-order price for 'cash' there and then. I hadn't put the final 'self' levelling concrete finish down when they delivered it so couldn't take advantage of the offer :augie

How receptive were your insurers to the idea of a 'secure' bike shed? I'm in the process of moving to a house with no garage, perceived wisdom seems to be if your 'bike store' isn't brick, block or concrete you'll get stiffed..

Shipping containers are used as secure storage in "self storage" parks and on building sites. It has to be worth asking your insurers.

Check with your insurance. If they don’t recognise the security shed you may as well get a decent quality timber shed.

Is there a useful incentive there, or is it spend 2K on a shed to save 20 quid a year?

Is there a useful incentive there, or is it spend 2K on a shed to save 20 quid a year?

Exactly, though sometimes they effectively refuse to insure the bike by cranking the premiums up.

TBH although not technically a security shed, a good quality timber job will do the job just fine. They are not all made from wood shavings.

For around £200 on top of your budget you can get one of these.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282873038292

Ignore the price as it's negotiable. Assembly and delivery is included.

I've had one for almost 2 years and cannot find fault with it. Quality piece of kit.
(The GS in the ad is mine)

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I was looking at these. How much did you pay? I'll need 2 of them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I was looking at these. How much did you pay? I'll need 2 of them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
I paid £900 for mine.
Two chaps delivered and installed it, took about two hours.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Used to have a metal shed and the thieving scumbags tried to get the Blackbird and the Fireblade out but they gave up due to the noise we think, it was a really rattly shed. Wood would (Edward Woodward?) have been a lot quieter to break maybe? Beware of sheds like ours where you have to wheel the bike over the door runners repeatedly to get them in and out. Really screwed ours up.

A wood shed with log cabin sides using 3x2 framing timber costs a bit more but it’s so much stronger than the usual flimsy weather boards. Alternatively line the inside with chain link fencing and OSB panels.

Back
Top Bottom