1090 electrical accessories

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seeing as I’m thinking about one of there 1090 adv’s...

If I bought heated grips and seat are they easy to install? I presume just plug in but do I need someone to press a button and change me money for them to work?

I think the seat should be, not so sure about the grips.

At minimum you will need to poke around in the settings menu, the grip settings on the 1090 are a bit weird and confusing - for example if you add them to your favourites they will show as "On" even when they are really off, so I think there is an on / off toggle which you can set to say if they are fitted, when you go into the settings they then cycle through off / low / med / high.

But even when set to off (no heat) when in the favourites menu they show as "On" which I think means fitted rather than On, so you have to then go into the grip settings to see if they are really on, so there si actually no point putting them in favourites. Why they did not keep the 1190 system I have no idea, it was far simpler and very obvious, I have them in my favourites and it shows the current grip settings (off / low / med / high)

I would hope the supplying dealer would give you some info over the phone if you get stuck.

I think the seat should be, not so sure about the grips.

At minimum you will need to poke around in the settings menu, the grip settings on the 1090 are a bit weird and confusing - for example if you add them to your favourites they will show as "On" even when they are really off, so I think there is an on / off toggle which you can set to say if they are fitted, when you go into the settings they then cycle through off / low / med / high.

But even when set to off (no heat) when in the favourites menu they show as "On" which I think means fitted rather than On, so you have to then go into the grip settings to see if they are really on, so there si actually no point putting them in favourites. Why they did not keep the 1190 system I have no idea, it was far simpler and very obvious, I have them in my favourites and it shows the current grip settings (off / low / med / high)

I would hope the supplying dealer would give you some info over the phone if you get stuck.

I'm glad that's cleared that then......

😂
Thanks for that!!! 👍🏻

I think il buy from gear 4 motorcycles, prices don’t seem bad but never bought from them before... that’s y I’m wondering if I can get them to work myself!

Back
Top Bottom