IT help

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Long story . . .
I ride for an enduro club and have become the press officer recently. I write race reports and send them to the Enduro news website to be published. I send them with maybe one or two photos.
The report along with the photos, go on the Enduronews website fine. So far so good.
Once the report is on the website, I copy and paste that link to the clubs Facebook site.
When it arrives on the FB site though, everything is fine BUT there seems to be a white blank (or blanks) where photos should be.
Does anyone know why the link doesnt carry over the photos at all please ? (Ps , ,clicking on the link and going to Enduro news is fine BUT its not possible to see the pics on FB !!

ps. its the Lincolnshire Enduro club facebook site

Thanks for any help

Actually paul, my latest report on FB ONLY shows a link back to the report on Enduro news, (which is fine BUT id like all riders and club members to see everything on the LEC facebook site, without going back to Enduro news ???!!)

I’m confused here, if you are posting a link on FB to your EnduroNews scribblings then the images should display once the viewer clicks the link..... as they do from your link above.

They do display from the link paul, (Because the link goes back to Enduro news). However, when I first started doing the reports (and copy/pasting the link to FB), ALL my text and any included pictures were seen on FB and any viewer didnt need to actually click on the link back to Enduro news. (ie you could see it all on FB)
Then, about 6 months ago (and doing the same as above), all my text would be there but only one out of several photos id sent were on FB. (In fact once or twice, my text would be there and completely random motorcycle photo !!!!)
Now, as you can see, theres no text and no photos. (ONLY the link back to enduro news.).

Whilst its no big deal, (its just a bit frustrating), my hunch is that as FB updates over time, its allowing less/different stuff on the actual site/link.

I do have the guy who runs the Enduro website looking into also, as he has seen the differences over the last year or so. I will let you know if we suss it

has anyone made any privacy changes to the FB page settings? It seems FB is preventing the images from displaying, so either user controlled change, or FB controlled, forced change me thinks

It depends where the images are hosted The permissions may not allow sharing. For ease of posting it may be simpler to upload the two images with the link on the website.

Back
Top Bottom