R1200 GSA LC PANNIERS

Camel Toe

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how BMW manage to make on of the best and toughest all round bikes on the planet yet year after year they turn them out with such shit panniers.... as I’m now on my sixth gsa and things are still the same as day one..after crossing Spain in constant rain I could now smuggle fish in my panniers..... please don’t give me the bollox that BMW don’t make the panniers..they sanction them fit for purpose..these are made to transport clothes and electrical goods and cost a bloody fortune.... it’s time us BMW users let them know we are not putting up with this shit...metal Mule for me when I get home.

Can anyone tell me how BMW manage to make on of the best and toughest all round bikes on the planet yet year after year they turn them out with such shit panniers.... as I’m now on my sixth gsa and things are still the same as day one..after crossing Spain in constant rain I could now smuggle fish in my panniers..... please don’t give me the bollox that BMW don’t make the panniers..they sanction them fit for purpose..these are made to transport clothes and electrical goods and cost a bloody fortune.... it’s time us BMW users let them know we are not putting up with this shit...metal Mule for me when I get home.

I love them.

Then again, I'm a fish smuggler. :D

There's a reason why BMW sell waterproof pannier liners

I wouldn't what it is? :rolleyes:

Yeah.....it’s like buying wellington boots then having to buy waterproof socks......if whoever makes these panniers can’t do a better job give it to someone who can...simple

Bumot should get the contract.

Well mine have never leaked so I could have used Tesco carriers instead of the very expensive liners !

Should we drill a smalll hole n the bottom then ?
I used the vario panniers on my previous gs and never noticed water in them and I've been riding when it's been absolutely pissing it down for hours. I have swapped this year to a gsa with the ally panniers so no experience with these. So what is the recommendation do I need to drill a hole and buy some waterproof liners ?

Well mine have never leaked so I could have used Tesco carriers instead of the very expensive liners !

Likewise, on my 6th GSA and never had any leaks in the panniers, I love em

Should we drill a smalll hole n the bottom then ?
I used the vario panniers on my previous gs and never noticed water in them and I've been riding when it's been absolutely pissing it down for hours. I have swapped this year to a gsa with the ally panniers so no experience with these. So what is the recommendation do I need to drill a hole and buy some waterproof liners ?
I do around 30k a year but I suppose on the plus side I have water to wash my bike when I reach Morocco...��

Been thinking about these for my ktm 1290 sas as they do get a good review....

They're super. Can't fault mine at all. They work exactly as you would expect, with all the features. They seem top rated amongst all the usual suspects.

It’s strange that the same equipment seems to offer different performance to different users. My bmw panniers not only don’t let in water, but when in use over alpine passes I find that if opened at altitude they are practically vacuum sealed and difficult to open when dropping down to lower levels due to the pressure difference. Are the seals on yours clean and in good order?
Alan R

It’s strange that the same equipment seems to offer different performance to different users. My bmw panniers not only don’t let in water, but when in use over alpine passes I find that if opened at altitude they are practically vacuum sealed and difficult to open when dropping down to lower levels due to the pressure difference. Are the seals on yours clean and in good order?
Alan R

Ditto. I can blast the panniers in a jet wash to get the salt off and the remain dry inside. Now do look like I used them as a painters tarp with all the white corrosion marks but have done since they were a week old.

First GS bought in 1996 which came with the tourer pannier, bugger for packing as they slipped around on the floor.
Purchased metal mule, since then I bought 3 frame kits for 3 different models.
Still have same boxes and in all that time 1 seal started to come away which MM replaced FOC.
Boxes look nearly as good today as when I bought them and they have travelled some serious mileage in those years.
Tough, reliable and English made, far better than the BMW issued boxes.

Back
Top Bottom