Nav 6 Issues

Prawnini

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone else had Problems with Nav 6 losing speed camera notifications on their LC?

Just install the latest Garmin express and upload everything again to your Nav6 this normally sorts many bugs out.

Just install the latest Garmin express and upload everything again to your Nav6 this normally sorts many bugs out.

I'm on my 3rd one mate, Garmin keep saying its a BMW issue and vice versa. I hope this new one works ok.

I got so over the issues with the Nav VI I bought a Tomtom 450 to replace it. Moved the Nav to the handlebars just to be used for the bike info screen and music.

Sorry to the OP but don't know about your issues. Garmin support were useless when I tried to get help from them with bluetooth problems

I rode round the camera invested A12 in east London today. Nav 6 constantly pinging away with camera warnings so not sure what the problem is with yours.

Perhaps if you did a bit of advanced training you might not need camera warnings:D:D

I was wondering about the speed cameras. I have a NAV V. When I first got it and paired it up with the smart link the cameras were a pay for add on. Then one day they were just there and no more option to purchase them.
Are these still based off the Cyclops database or are they “community” driven like with NAVIGON?

If I wanted smart arsed answers I would have posted it in the UKGSER forum....Oh I did:blast

The issue with mine is I reload everything and they work fine, until I turn the engine off. The next morning the camera warnings have gone awol.

Its very weird....

Haven't had one in since the problem started, thats what we thought it might be, but thanks for the idea Smoggy.

I know that computers when they are nearly full they start to do strange things, that is why Nav6 has the micro sd card slot to act as an automatic overflow, it copies parts of maps and poi,s on both memories if you get a sd card installed, 32 gb is plenty and cheap enough, if you get 64gb you will have to re-format to FAT32, up to 32gb are already formatted at FAT32, stick any micro sd-card in even a small 8gb if you have one around and the re-install everything and see if this fixes the problem, otherwise, maybe like Andy says above, a read/write issue so warranty time.

I know that computers when they are nearly full they start to do strange things, that is why Nav6 has the micro sd card slot to act as an automatic overflow, it copies parts of maps and poi,s on both memories if you get a sd card installed, 32 gb is plenty and cheap enough, if you get 64gb you will have to re-format to FAT32, up to 32gb are already formatted at FAT32, stick any micro sd-card in even a small 8gb if you have one around and the re-install everything and see if this fixes the problem, otherwise, maybe like Andy says above, a read/write issue so warranty time.

Thanks fella, will give it a whirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom