Kingsnorth chimney demolition today

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KuzLnhzA9KA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was quite an impressive sight to watch it come down!

Kingsnorth was my base after completing my apprenticeship, could see the chimney from my bedroom window as a kid too. End of an era for me.

Not sure a great idea forsaking coal since we’re now dependent on gas imports

I heard it! I was in medway nick at the time .... !

Impressive to watch. One hell of a dust cloud that, I should imagine the car washes will be doing quite well in the next few days.

I worked there for a while 50 years ago when it was being built by ABC (Associated British Combustion). The turbines were finished but the boilers were so late that the CEGB bought a second hand Foster Wheeler John Brown Boilers (the company I worked for) marine boiler, from a vessel being scrapped up north, to raise steam to test the turbines . We wouldn't normally touch a job like that but the kudos of having a presence on a major competitors site through their failings was not to be missed ! Never saw as much FWJBB advertising on any other site ! Sad to see these places go as they were a big part of my life and education .:(

Back
Top Bottom