2016 F700GS

Sharik

Reaction score
Having been caught out in the past with a poor quality OE drive chain, can anyone tell me what mileage they have achieved before needing to replace the original BM fitment on a F700GS (2016 model)?

Thank you.

About the same for me as well, depending on how much gravel and sand the bike sees.

OE 17k and shagged . DID VX 23k but would probably have lasted a bit longer.

Chain is a 525. Only the early sprockets are mounted with 8mm bolts, yours will be 10mm.

Top tip off here many moons ago . Remove plastic engine sprocket cover and clean out all the black grinding paste.

THEN fit a few thin washers to set it off about 2/3 mm. This gives added clearance on the right hand side of the chain and the top, so it doesnt clog up as fast and you will notice reduced wear.

Takes 10 mins to do including 5 mins of gunky cleaning then Roberts your uncle.

Steve

Personally speaking I didn’t like the Scottoiler at all. First of all the oil they use is very funky and sticks like sh*t to everything, secondly you have to have it on the absolute minimum as otherwise it costs the rear of the bike in said sticky gunge. Even then all around the front sprocket cover and underside of the bike/centre stand gets coated in crap that is very hard to remove. SDOC100 white chain spray and the occasional scrub down with a soft brush keeps the chain in fine condition without all the grime.

Back
Top Bottom