Side stand cut out

Rockred

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been having a bit of a problem when first starting it up. I get on the bike, put the side stand up , turn the ignition on, every thing lights up nice and bright, but when I press the starter every thing goes out and its totally dead. I then put the side stand up and down a couple of times and then it starts first time and is fine the rest of the ride out. So logically I think it has to be something to do with side stand cut out. Has anyone had a similar problem? All help gladly received.....:thumb2

The bike is a 2015 GS.

It’s quite a common problem on various models of bikes , and the GSLc seems to have had its fair share of this one.

Mine was quite straight forward of cleaning it up and applying something like WD40, others have had the whole stand and switch changed under warranty. Pop,your bike back to the dealer, to check it out would be my opinion

Thanks for your reply DC. I spoke to the dealer about it, and the mechanic said it was probably the bush needs replacing. I don't believe that on a 2015 with only about 14,000 miles on the clock, serviced by them, and out of warranty. When it stops raining on Monday I will have a look and give it a good clean and grease.......:thumb2

To BMW dealers, 14k miles is high mileage for a 2015 bike when part exchanging:D

Every one knows that the GSLC is the most reliable go anywhere adventure bike on the planet so it probably will be just dirt

Just make sure that the connector to the side stand Micro switch is properly connected, my bro had this with a new GS and all it needed was the connector snapping together properly.

Back
Top Bottom