INDICATOR GUARDS

Woody1707 I have had a good look and I personally think the chinese one,s will touch the Vario pannier purely because of the shape of the chinese one at the back, it is not angled like the Wunderlich one,s and it is this small angle that saves the day, I have posted links to the Chinese Ebay, so you can see the pictures, and to Nippy Normans so you can see the difference, the part that could touch the vario in the chinese is the end of the turn signal, not the end where you screw it it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signal-L...837344?hash=item2a9f83bce0:g:DicAAOSwAC1aGMHw

https://www.nippynormans.com/wunder...tor-protectors-short-pair-r1200gs-lc-and-more

Roamer and Smogbob thanks again very helpful
Think I will get the Wunderlich ones as the Chinese ones are going to take a month to get here.

Appreciate all the advice, Cheers

When did they stop being flexible?

What would be best if someone just made a stiff but flexible rubber collar that went between the indicator stalk and the bike with just enough give in it.

Crazy that they have virtually no give in them.
Very telling that my dealer had 6 in stock....they must sell a few to keep this level of stock.

Great design for making BMW money !!

2 pairs of Wunderlich ones on order....sorry Smogbob if my thread has cost you for another set. But the bike will look soooo much more balanced with them front and back.

Crazy that they have virtually no give in them.
Very telling that my dealer had 6 in stock....they must sell a few to keep this level of stock.

Great design for making BMW money !!

It always hurts when you break something, but BMW are no worse than others, try breaking something on a Italian bike and you will see how much it hurts also.....:beerjug: oops not Italian anymore German also.......

It always hurts when you break something, but BMW are no worse than others, try breaking something on a Italian bike and you will see how much it hurts also.....:beerjug: oops not Italian anymore German also.......

But they used to have give on them so it’s a step backwards. Is it just the LC has this issue or is it since they switched to LED based indicators. It would be interesting with our American friends if they have give in them as I believe they aren’t allowed the LED indicators unless added after sale.

I know very annoying when you do something just plan careless

Bought a new Range Rover last year and getting something off the rafters of the garage dropped a heavy metal pole on to the bonnet...now that was expensive

We will buy these expensive toys.

I know very annoying when you do something just plan careless

Bought a new Range Rover last year and getting something off the rafters of the garage dropped a heavy metal pole on to the bonnet...now that was expensive

We will buy these expensive toys.

Unless you ride inside one of these :rolllaugh and do not worry I can always blame Sea Dog for making me spend cash...........

Unless you ride inside one of these :rolllaugh and do not worry I can always blame Sea Dog for making me spend cash...........

I definitely didn't suggest you buy one of those bloomin' things!

Incidentally, what boots do you have? I have the Rev'it Discovery Outdry, which are really very nice. Look up "Mototrek" on Youtube - he does a really practical review. Mine were 289 at sportsbikeshop.co.uk last year. Order the next size up (or both sizes - they do free returns). They're 330 now, so I'll have cost you quite a bit which will obviously cheer me up, but you won't regret your choice! :D

I definitely didn't suggest you buy one of those bloomin' things!

Incidentally, what boots do you have? I have the Rev'it Discovery Outdry, which are really very nice. Look up "Mototrek" on Youtube - he does a really practical review. Mine were 289 at sportsbikeshop.co.uk last year. Order the next size up (or both sizes - they do free returns). They're 330 now, so I'll have cost you quite a bit which will obviously cheer me up, but you won't regret your choice! :D

Lost me on the boots..........:D

Define ‘just enough’

I dunno, if it could tolerate say 30 degrees of flex that would probably cater for any brush past issues etc. As it is it’s just brittle plastic with no flex.

I’m trying to remember how the lights behaved on previous BMW’s. I think they would pop out on one side to allow a bend then you could click it back in.

Actually now I think about it doesn’t need to flex - have it click into a collar/base plate. If it needs to it just breaks away from it and can then just be pushed back in.

Just wondering what breaks now when the indicator guard gets a decent knock? Does the guard break, does the screw snap and leave the broken part of the screw still in the threaded bush, do the threads pull out, or does the bike’s trim break?

Sometimes it’s better to have a sacrificial component that will fail and save something more costly!

However fully agree that the stock item should have more flexibly, or a pop-out mounting socket.

Just wondering what breaks now when the indicator guard gets a decent knock? Does the guard break, does the screw snap and leave the broken part of the screw still in the threaded bush, do the threads pull out, or does the bike’s trim break?

Sometimes it’s better to have a sacrificial component that will fail and save something more costly!

However fully agree that the stock item should have more flexibly, or a pop-out mounting socket.
Have ordered some for the rear of the bike from eblag. I had a rear one fail/snap the day before a two week tour. Luckily my dealer and them in stock.

In the mean time have been keeping the side panniers on the bike when parked in the garage.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom