Heated seat choices

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At one point I owned a 90th edition RT, which had a heated seat front and back. I wondered if people had heated seats on GS’ and if so are they OEM or aftermarket?

One of the big improvements the water boxers bring is the ability to fit a small tap to fill a hot water bottle from. Bliss - and a saving of a grand over the Missenden Flyer's solution. ;)

The new Triumph Tiger 800 I test rode today had heated seats front and back as standard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
c2ec807a24a0818c45d803ef9a1562e2.jpg

Spend the dosh on some good clothing, job sorted...............:rob

Not the same, trust me.

A happy wife is the way to go, just not keen on going back to an RT, yet.

Maybe it will be an option for the R1250GSA TE

Not the same, trust me.

A happy wife is the way to go, just not keen on going back to an RT, yet.

As per my comment above, a heated waistcoat or jacket is the way to go. The heated seats on my old RT were more convenient, but nowhere near as effective :thumby:

I miss the heated seat on my RT. Bit like my car. Until you have them, you never realise how good they are. Use my car one's everyday, and also used it nearly every time I was out on the RT. I will probably go down the Touratech seat route on my GS as the built in switch looks sturdier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of all the bits that have been frozen riding bikes, my arse has not been one of them. I can see the point in keeping hands, feet and torso warm.
Does anyone make a heated onesie, save the trouble of all these different plugs and switches, next thing will be a BMW consumer unit on the dash connected via WIFI smart meter so they can auto switch on for you if your core temp drops below preset values.

Of all the bits that have been frozen riding bikes, my arse has not been one of them. I can see the point in keeping hands, feet and torso warm.
Does anyone make a heated onesie, save the trouble of all these different plugs and switches, next thing will be a BMW consumer unit on the dash connected via WIFI smart meter so they can auto switch on for you if your core temp drops below preset values.

Or take the car.............:rob

I'd not be without a heated seat now I've had one, mine is a headed pad thats a diy fit and 40 quid new from ebay and works brilliantly.
Ok, it may not be the 'done thing' to fit one to a new 17k bike but don't knock a heated seat until you've tried it!
I leave mine on low from around Nov 'til April, only switching to high for a while if it's particularly chilly.
Unlike heated clothing, it's always on the bike and no fecking about plugging wires in.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I'd not be without a heated seat now I've had one, mine is a headed pad thats a diy fit and 40 quid new from ebay and works brilliantly.
Ok, it may not be the 'done thing' to fit one to a new 17k bike but don't knock a heated seat until you've tried it!
I leave mine on low from around Nov 'til April, only switching to high for a while if it's particularly chilly.
Unlike heated clothing, it's always on the bike and no fecking about plugging wires in.

Did you tell that to the MF.............. he might have a go.........:green gri

I have just come back to a GS after a few years with a GTL. Loved the heated seat on the GTL but still have my Gerbing jacket and trousers. OK it is a bit of a faff to connect but I can live with it. The trousers plug in to the jacket and then the twin controller plugs in to the jacket and the bike. I have the controller on a strap which goes around my thigh so I can adjust heat of jacket and trousers separately while riding. One snag is the combination pulled over 10 amps so would not work on bike socket. Both the GTL and now the GS with its 5 amp limit have sockets direct from battery.

PS

If you really need warmth the bottom of the Gerbing trousers have plugs ready for the heated socks and the end of the jacket sleeves have plugs for the gloves !!

Hi Phil,
This is a long time ago but was it a good fix?
I'm not sure if I need to drop all that money on heated seats.
Thanks

Hi, hijacking a thread, I have bought a TOURATECH heated seat of a inmate on site. have seen diagram from TOURATECH how to install, Any body have a pic of which cable to tap into, was told was some post on here but couldn't find one ?

Back
Top Bottom