poor dealer experience

MikeHave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm probably switching from R1150GS to Africa Twin, due to poor dealer response when I attempted to service/MOT my 2001 GS, clearly not interested and quoting me ludicrous sums to fix a couple of problems. I know its an old bike, and they like the new whizzy new stuff, but I expected better support for the marque from BMW dealers. :D

They tend not to be interested in much other than the latest bikes.

Find a good independent for an 1150. I go to Mikeyboy for my servicing. I reckon I get a better quality service for a better price than taking it to a dealer.

If you like the bike, find an independent to service it, but it sounds like you want to change bikes anyway.

yes you are right, the 1150 is an endearing lump, but after 10 years I fancy a change, I thought of an R1200GS, but this experience has put me off. Maybe all dealers are the same ! Part of of the rationale of the service was to ensure I didn't pass on anything dodgy, I want to sell a sorted bike, I will check out Mikeyboy, or any similar guy near me in south Cheshire.

Independents tend to be self employed or too small to easily lose customers. Look after them and they will look after you.

Back
Top Bottom