Quite quick these LC's then :)

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got my 2015 LC home today, taxed and insured so had to put the first 100 miles on it :)

what can I say.. they go well and have lots of grunt... can't believe how light they are when under way... new back tyre so was taking it a bit easy at first, but once that was scrubbed in....
Mind you, still a lot of crap on the small roads so got to take care.... also coming from my 2010 GS.. It's like a differant bike?
did actualy get caught out once going too fast into a bend and had the rear end squirming a bit...
The old GS was so planted.. the new one I'm sure is as well, but just not in the same way ??:D

Got my 2015 LC home today, taxed and insured so had to put the first 100 miles on it :)

what can I say.. they go well and have lots of grunt... can't believe how light they are when under way... new back tyre so was taking it a bit easy at first, but once that was scrubbed in....
Mind you, still a lot of crap on the small roads so got to take care.... also coming from my 2010 GS.. It's like a differant bike?
did actualy get caught out once going too fast into a bend and had the rear end squirming a bit...
The old GS was so planted.. the new one I'm sure is as well, but just not in the same way ??:D

Play with the suspension settings, makes a lot of difference, not sure on 2015, but on 2017 I have mine set to ROAD in Mode and suspension set to DYNAMIC AUTO and that feels planted on the road.

You say that now, but once it's broken down every day for a month, all of those electronic gizmos you don't need have gone wrong, the mothership has ruined your life with recalls, the dealer has only gone and put sugar in your cappuccino (duh!), you've spent a fortune at Starbucks, and your mum has swept the pile of rust in her drive into an Aldi bag and binned it, you'll wish you'd bought a ktm or a Honda or a Stelvio or a proper BMW like what they used to make, etc.

Of course, you might be lucky like one or two others, but you should keep that to yourself if you want to fit in. ;)

I don't have ESA... I wanted to fine tune my settings not just what the computer said ;)

so yes.. will need to have a play... Think you get guidelines in the manual... its a starting point at least :)

You say that now, but once it's broken down every day for a month, all of those electronic gizmos you don't need have gone wrong, the mothership has ruined your life with recalls, the dealer has only gone and put sugar in your cappuccino (duh!), you've spent a fortune at Starbucks, and your mum has swept the pile of rust in her drive into an Aldi bag and binned it, you'll wish you'd bought a ktm or a Honda or a Stelvio or a proper BMW like what they used to make, etc.

Of course, you might be lucky like one or two others, but you should keep that to yourself if you want to fit in. ;)

sea dog having a bad day

I have Hyperpro springs that are designed to work with the standard shocks, The best mod i have made, ride a treat

sea dog having a bad day

Nah, just taking the mickey. I was pre-empting (or perhaps heading off) the usual stream of dissenters who might be along to tell him what's gonna go wrong or say he should have bought a... :D

what can I say.. they go well and have lots of grunt... can't believe how light they are when under way...
You actually bought one - after all that noise your were making on the forum? Well done Sir!

As for light - out with a few chums today for a lunchtime ride, I picked one of two (count 'em) FJRs of its side stand in the car park. I was gobsmacked about how heavy it was. Give me a tall GS any day.

Very light... In fact a bit too light... Don't feel planted as I said before.
Sure I'll get used to it.

The non esa suspension only has basic pre load and rear rebound damping,
Its worth tweaking whats available,
The standard annakee tyres reveal the limitations of adjustment especially poor /wet roads,

They are basically the same shock but without the motors to adjust ��

Keep taking the pills chap. One short today? Or did you take two Orange pills by mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so the sales man was telling me that is.... until I asked what the gold thing was then... mmmm .. may be they are differant then?...

Bought the bike with the intention of fitting Wilbers ... maybe just the rear.. but does need something I thinks ;)

Basic setting of rear-
suspension damping
characteristic
without Dynamic ESA OE
Turn the adjuster knob as far
as it will go in the clockwise
direction, then back it off 8
clicks in the counter-clockwise
direction. (One-up without lug-
gage)
direction, then back it off 2
direction. (One-up with lug-
gage)
clicks in the counter-clock-
wise direction. (Two-up with
luggage

Basic setting of rear-
suspension damping
characteristic
without Dynamic ESA OE
direction, then back it off 8
direction. (One-up without lug-
gage)
direction. (One-up with lug-
gage)
clicks in the counter-clock-
wise direction. (Two-up with
luggage

thats the one... there is the damping setting also I think?....

Hi Beaver, the adjustments that smogbob posted are worth doing,
As you have a preference for the manual suspension, the initial sag settings and tweaking the rear damping is likeley something you will enjoy doing,
I have ohlins ttx front and rear, and found a big improvement,
Also running avon trailriders which deliver wet or dry,
One bikermate also has a 17 plate basic bike, second one, makes good progress, running tourance,
He mentioned how smooth and confident the ohlins set up was,
The basic is ok until you start pushing on especially poor roads,
Wilbers are good shocks but only offered an economy front shock for the lc gs,
Just fitted a rear fully adjustable 641 shock and serviced the forks on a good friends zzr 1400 and set them up , he was impressed having owned the 2013 bike from new,
Enjoy the new bike,,
Roamer

Thanks for that.. michelin Pilots fitted.. appear ok..
It does help however if having moved the pre-load fully off for 1 person, they'd done the same on the damper.. but no, it was set right up.. now I've adjusted that, all is well.. should have checked before.. will have to check pressures also as I've no idea whats in them... too keen to get on it a try.... :)

So you think Ohlins are better?.. thought Wilbers was the way to go on BM?...
people say thr front is okay and just a good back will do?.. I'm finding the front a bit harsh?.. not sure if you can adjust this on std?

Back
Top Bottom