Fork Recall

donkeh

Reaction score
After coming from a May 2017 Triple Black GSA which had new forks with added collars, I was surprised today to pick up a 2018 TB GSA which has no collars.

Have they changed the forks, or am I already going back for a recall?

After coming from a May 2017 Triple Black GSA which had new forks with added collars, I was surprised today to pick up a 2018 TB GSA which has no collars.

Have they changed the forks, or am I already going back for a recall?

New bikes don’t have collars, new design doesn’t need them.

Same forks but a crimp around the full circumference of the stanchion instead of the punched dimples ........................ time will tell if they are any better or if BMW quietly go back to forks with a threaded stanchion and top cap

Apparently the old design didn't need them at the design and evaluation stages, or in the early years of production either! ;)

Or at the stage that the accountants authorised their cheaper production and subsequent short term increase in profit margins

Or at the stage that the accountants authorised their cheaper production and subsequent short term increase in profit margins

Wonder how much it will cost them in the end, oh I forgot they will just put up prices on the service............

Back
Top Bottom